Sunday, July 03, 2005

Whaaaat?

My Elann yarn came yesterday, and it is the lovely dark henna color I was hoping for (hooray!), so that's exciting.

We also were in the vicinity of a Tuesday Morning store when we were running errands, so I said to my mom, "I've heard they have a yarn there that's being discontinued, so could we go look and see if they have it?" As we pulled into the parking lot, we saw a big sign that said "Closed for Restocking until 7/18" (two weeks from Monday). Does it really take over two weeks to restock a store? BOO.

Then we continued on our errands, and we stopped at the shopping center with the local JoAnn's. I stopped in there while my mom went to get a bottle of wine (Beverages and More! was right next door) and found that they had three colors of Cotton Ease, and only one that would look not-so-horrendous on me (Cherry Red) for 3 dollars a ball, so I did some dyelot matching and came away with five balls, which ought to be enough for either a Sitcom Chic or a Cabaret Raglan (which I'd have to wear with a black cardigan over -- luckily I have a couple).

Now here's the thing that's just weirding me out. I called the local knitting store that's open on Sundays and asked if they had any back issues of Interweave Knits. "Actually, we don't carry Interweave Knits at all." WHAT? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Fricking Borders carries Interweave Knits, and you, the fancy-pants "we organize things by color, not brand/fiber content/weight" yarn STUDIO, don't carry it?

I honestly wanted to like this store, I really did. It's almost two miles away from my house and they have Rowan and Colinette and other pretty yarns. But they a. don't carry Clover needles, just Crystal Palace b. have a stupid organizational system besides the whole color thing ("where are your circular needles?" "inside this chest of drawers!" -- I don't know about you, but I don't go randomly opening up a store's drawers, do you?) and c. don't carry fricking back issues of Interweave Knits.

Uncommon Threads in Los Altos does, though. Maybe I'll get out there on Tuesday, since they're not open today and definitely won't be open tomorrow.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

My coloring is such that I can't wear too much bright red, so the black would break it up and make me look a little better. I look good in black and red, but not red on its own.

Mon Jul 04, 12:58:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home