Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Olympics hangover

You know how when you wake up hungover after a night of fun and possible debauchery, and swear to yourself over the pounding of your head that you will never, ever, never, drink that much again?

That's pretty much what happened to me last week with knitting.

I barely touched my essential stripe after the end of the olympics, so it took me about a week to knit the collar on and weave in an arm's worth of stripes. I'm still weaving away at the other arm's stripes, and I should have a FO by the end of the week. God I hope I do. At this point it's like being ready to drink again, but not wanting to touch a certain kind of beverage (the one that led to you stumbling boozily in at four in the morning and then waking up every two hours thinking you're going to die and instead of thinking about how much you have left to live for, all you can think is "oh god, I'm going to die, and I look like shit!") I'm ready to knit, but if I keep thinking about the finishing on the essential stripe, my desire to knit goes way down.

And so I present to you, the only knitting I did all last week:



It's the wristband thing from the first Stitch and Bitch, made out of Cotton Fleece (mill ends and leftovers from Tivoli) on size six bamboo needles (I have no idea whether they were clovers or brittanys. I have both. I was hungover. I made this using dpns. Whatever.) Apparently my knitting hair of the dog is teaching myself new techniques that I feel like I will use about twice in my entire knitting career.

Rock on.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home