Monday, February 13, 2006

Day 3-ish.

I didn't take any pictures yesterday because I spent most of my day doing errands (grocery shopping, cleaning the bathroom) during the daylight hours, and knitted in the evening when the light wasn't as good. However!

Growing!

I got to Row 90 last night, which means I'm a good little chunk into Chart 3. For those of you unfamiliar with Peacock Feathers, it's divided into seven charts, plus the edging charts, with 250 rows total. Chart 3 ends with row 116, which is my goal for today. Since I've got today off as well as Stitch'n'Bitch tonight, I think that's a reasonable goal. The picture is after finishing row 94 -- row 95 is another double yarnover row, which makes the eyes of the feathers.

This was a hard photo to set up because I had to pin the shawl down to one of my pillows in order to stretch it out and make it look nice. Then I had to get the right angle and light and yeah. I can't imagine this thing getting much bigger, but it will. Oh, it will. The first skein is starting to feel a little hollow (it's a center-pull skein), so that's a good sign.

Shawl progress calculator check in: 14.1% completed as of 12:30 pm.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home