I'm a contender!
I finished knitting the second sleeve of the cabled jacket last night, so I'm going to block it tonight and possibly start seaming tomorrow. The zippers arrived today, which I didn't realize until after Kati and I went to JoAnn's to buy thread to sew in our zippers. The color match between thread and zipper is very good to my eye (I happen to be pretty good at matching thread to fabric), so I think it'll work out nicely. And now that the lightbulb in my living room has been replaced (it burned out this morning), I can SEE.
I didn't buy any yarn at JoAnn's, but I did buy a crochet hook, three sewing patterns (two sundress patterns and one skirt pattern -- I am SO ready for spring/summer), the thread for the zipper, and some pretty silver buttons and matching thread for my next non-Peacock Feathers project, which is Magnolia from Rowan Vintage Knits. I'm using my Kid Classic Frilly that I bought for the Greek Pullover. I've officially given up on the Greek Pullover, so technically I'm using stash! I'm not stranding with Kid Silk Haze, but have bumped down the needles to 6, 7, and 8 (instead of 8, 9, and 10), so it'll be a closer fit. It'll be a nice office-sweater, I'm thinking. Knit for the future, Jeanne!
Finally, I officially signed up for the Knitting Olympics, and added a side button from Rose-Kim Knits. According to the sign-ups so far, I'm at least the fourth Jeanne to sign up, not including a Jeanne-Marie and two Jeannies. Crazy!
I didn't buy any yarn at JoAnn's, but I did buy a crochet hook, three sewing patterns (two sundress patterns and one skirt pattern -- I am SO ready for spring/summer), the thread for the zipper, and some pretty silver buttons and matching thread for my next non-Peacock Feathers project, which is Magnolia from Rowan Vintage Knits. I'm using my Kid Classic Frilly that I bought for the Greek Pullover. I've officially given up on the Greek Pullover, so technically I'm using stash! I'm not stranding with Kid Silk Haze, but have bumped down the needles to 6, 7, and 8 (instead of 8, 9, and 10), so it'll be a closer fit. It'll be a nice office-sweater, I'm thinking. Knit for the future, Jeanne!
Finally, I officially signed up for the Knitting Olympics, and added a side button from Rose-Kim Knits. According to the sign-ups so far, I'm at least the fourth Jeanne to sign up, not including a Jeanne-Marie and two Jeannies. Crazy!
Labels: Jeanne



2 Comments:
You think that's crazy? While there are no other Katis (yet,) there is a Katie with an e also making an essential stripe. It's a small world after all!
Two of the Jeannes are knitting socks, which I really ought to be doing, but I opted for the lace instead.
Post a Comment
<< Home