Thursday, January 05, 2006

Well, I've nearly caught up to Kati on the cabled jacket. I've cast on for the second sleeve, but that's about it. I wanted to have it done for Monday, but at the moment it looks like I won't be reaching that goal, especially since I haven't been knitting much at home.

I've been working on the Vixen scarf at work, and since it goes quickly it's easy to see the length progress. I'm definitely going to use both balls just to make it nice and long.

I guess I overestimated how much knitting time I'd have over winter break, since I brought so much stuff (the cabled jacket, the two KSH projects, the second ball of Blackwatch and the Cobalt Bloom sock yarn), and I've just gone "ennnh, I don't feel like it". I don't know why that is; I've just been extremely busy. The first time I got to stay at home and relax was Thursday the 29th. Otherwise I've been running around doing things, meeting people, working, going to the doctor, et cetera.

I'm thinking I should probably start Butterfly in the near future (so I can have it done by June), but that I should finish the cabled jacket first. I'm going to be getting my zipper from Zipperstop; it's 1.50 for a 20" separating zipper in any color I want. Anyone want in? (Hint hint, Kati.)

I'm also waiting to find out if Sakuracon is going to happen this year after all, as scheduling and money are both issues this year for... pretty much everyone, it looks like. And the project's all 2x2 ribbing, which has been going on forever with the sleeves (bor-ing), so. We'll see what happens.

Boring times on my side, I know.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Kati said...

If you haven't ordered yet, yeah, I'd be happy to go in on zipper shipping. *l* I just have no idea what kind of zipper I want. Yeah. Awesome. I'm awake.

Sat Jan 07, 11:46:00 AM PST  
Blogger Jeanne said...

I haven't ordered it yet; I have to wait for my last paycheck to come in (it should arrive in California on Thursday, which means I won't get it until next week, probably) or my financial aid check, whichever comes first.

Sun Jan 08, 12:57:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home