Saturday, December 17, 2005

Hello again, it's me.

There isn't much going on here. I'm probably the only person who is done with their Christmas knitting, since I decided to only knit the Melody's shawl. Everyone else gets something they, you know, want. I wanted to have Butterfly ready to wear by Christmas, but considering it's a week away and I forgot my camisole, I'll have it ready for spring. Also, it's cold.

I brought the cabled jacket right front to work and finished it yesterday during the afternoon break (while everyone else played MarioKart). All I have left are the sleeves, seaming, and finishing. Hooray!

I also attempted to start Aimee the other night, but I appear to have made some sort of weird mistake with counting and was off a stitch or whatever and I frogged it back. Not tinked, but frogged. All of those people who complain about ripping mohair (Kid Silk Haze in particular) must have even less patience than I do, which is a rare thing indeed. But if you go slow and gentle, and are willing to unwork the snags, it's not that bad. I'll try again eventually, but it's a little too fussy to work on easily right now. I'm too caught up in the "oh noes I must never make a mistake with this yarn EVER" mode, so I should probably just chill out and let it go.

It's also sort of a pain to have to work from the book, so I feel like I should wait until I get back home and can use my printer/scanner/copier to copy those pages and tote those around.

And that's about that.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Kati said...

I'm done with my christmas knitting- of course, that's because I didn't have any. Hee.

On the cabled jacket sleeves- do you think you'll leave the cabled bits in or take them out and just have a ribbed sleeve?

Ripping mohair isn't terrible, it's just an added aggrivation onto ripping. But yeah, relax! You can always throw it in the freezer before you rip it (if you make a mistake) which makes it easier.

Sat Dec 17, 01:56:00 PM PST  
Blogger Jeanne said...

I think I'll leave the cabled bits in, because I do like the way the cables look and I've got a lot of 2x2 ribbing to do with the Sakuracon project, so might as well break it up while I can.

Sat Dec 17, 08:55:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home