the elann conspiracy
I've been dealing with some heavy stuff on my end for the past few days (school stuff and personal stuff), so yesterday I pretty much shut down and sat down with my knitting and the television (Monty Python and the Meaning of Life is free from Comcast On Demand!). I cast off Melody's Shawl since I figured it was wide enough (it's over 16 inches, after all) and figure I will probably get Melody's shorter, fatter little sister. (Tune?) I did leave the sixteen to-be-dropped stitches on a holder, since the ladies have requested to see it. And then I worked on the cabled jacket left front and I looked at my Vintage Knits book to think about that. I'm slightly intimidated for some reason, but I don't see why I should be.
Anyway, I've been eyeing some of the discontinued Rowanspun yarn that has been popping up on eBay and thinking "well, maybe. maybe." even though I've been on the yarn diet the whole time and have to stick to it until after Christmas. I was looking specifically at the DK weight, but some of the 4-Ply colors were nicer.
And then Elann goes and does this to me. What's more, I didn't even look at the Sneak (typo: Snake) Peek until they sent me the newsletter in the mail, and the 4-Ply was on the front page. That's just not fair. (Even though I've seen it cheaper on eBay.)
Not to mention that because of the heavy stuff that's been going on, I will probably be leaving Eugene early to go home to the Bay Area, possibly as soon as Tuesday or Wednesday. The plans aren't solid yet, so that would complicate things further with the yarn -- if I ordered it on Tuesday and had it sent to California, who/what would get there first? (Plus the whole "not buying yarn" thing I've been holding myself to. That whole thing.)
Edited at 8 pm: Oh, you're kidding me. I put away my Denises because I had two sets lying around -- a set of 6s and a set of 9s. Guess which set I used to knit Melody? Guess which set I was supposed to use to knit Melody? That would explain why it is stumpy. Damn it.
Anyway, I've been eyeing some of the discontinued Rowanspun yarn that has been popping up on eBay and thinking "well, maybe. maybe." even though I've been on the yarn diet the whole time and have to stick to it until after Christmas. I was looking specifically at the DK weight, but some of the 4-Ply colors were nicer.
And then Elann goes and does this to me. What's more, I didn't even look at the Sneak (typo: Snake) Peek until they sent me the newsletter in the mail, and the 4-Ply was on the front page. That's just not fair. (Even though I've seen it cheaper on eBay.)
Not to mention that because of the heavy stuff that's been going on, I will probably be leaving Eugene early to go home to the Bay Area, possibly as soon as Tuesday or Wednesday. The plans aren't solid yet, so that would complicate things further with the yarn -- if I ordered it on Tuesday and had it sent to California, who/what would get there first? (Plus the whole "not buying yarn" thing I've been holding myself to. That whole thing.)
Edited at 8 pm: Oh, you're kidding me. I put away my Denises because I had two sets lying around -- a set of 6s and a set of 9s. Guess which set I used to knit Melody? Guess which set I was supposed to use to knit Melody? That would explain why it is stumpy. Damn it.
Labels: Jeanne



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home