Saturday, November 26, 2005

A rare and momentous occasion.

For one thing, I'm sleepy and it's barely night time.

For another thing, remember how I said that I'm attracted to the elegant-looking knits that I never wear? Well, I figure that's because I'm not an official grown-up yet. But this weekend, I've pretty much figured out that I'm going to have to start moving in that direction, as I have to start thinking about graduation, job interviews, and work clothes. So maybe I'll start building up a work wardrobe or something along those lines. What does this mean for my current knitting? After I finish my cabled jacket, I'm going to be thinking about things that can be worn in interviews and offices and that sort of thing, and I guess that's what sort of direction I'll be moving in on my next projects (besides the Sakuracon one).

Finally, today I went into two separate yarn stores and didn't buy a single thing. First we went to Noe Knit, which was overall a nice store, except... well, there were some aspects of the layout that were kind of weird. Everything was organized by weight, which was nice (fingering weight had a section, midweight had a section, and bulky weight had a section)... but when they displayed certain yarns, like Kidsilk Haze, they only had one to two balls of each color, which means that if you needed more you'd have to ask for more. I didn't see any sock yarn at all, and the organization of the circular needles for sale was pretty bad. I couldn't figure out how they'd organized the books, either. The selection wasn't bad, but didn't have much variety, either.

Then we went to Imagiknit, the only yarn store I have been to multiple times without buying anything. And, again, I didn't buy anything. Same song, different verse. Nothing there that I can't find somewhere else for cheaper.

Tomorrow I'm going to Commuknity to exchange my KSH, which I've been meaning to do all weekend, but I still can't decide what color I should swap in. That's why I'm going with my mom, who has a good eye for my colors. Hooray for my mom! (I'm so totally a grown-up, did you know?)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home