socks to be you
Everyone is doing socks! From the ending of Socktober to a zillion (okay, four) people at Stitch'n'Bitch on Monday, everyone is knitting socks! And so am I. I'm still working on the leg, and soon I'll be on the cuff. As in, "I can probably get to the cuff if I don't clean the apartment tonight". But I have been cleaning.
(Jeanne's Self-Imposed Knitting Rule #52: Yarn always gets put away/packed first. Subrule 1: Yarn can be in one of four places: the bookshelf, the basket, the bin, the closet. (Unless it is an active project, in which case it is Not Yarn and does not necessarily get put in one of the aforementioned places, but can be: on the chair, on the couch, in the purse.) Subrule 2: Tangled yarn must be untangled and re-wound.)
Anyway, it's been really, really cold here, and while I'm used to bundling up, I always manage to forget my fingers. I have some nice Grinch-green microfiber gloves, as well as some itchy green ones, but I keep thinking about fingerless ones with flaps. I have a lot of Cascade 220 to use up, so I could very well make the Urban Necessity gloves with it. But, again, Jeanne's Self-Imposed Knitting Rule #41 is No Casting On Until the Garter Stitch Throw is Done.
But what I really wanted to talk about is that the Interweave Knits winter preview is finally up. And out of the project list, there are maybe two things that I think I'd knit and one of them calls for 100% acrylic (well, 69% acrylic, 19% nylon, and 12% polyester, to be fair) yarn. The Colinette wrap sweater, yes, I'd knit that. The socks, perhaps. Everything else... not so much. The picture of the cabled bandeau, I was like "oh, yes, I like that brown-- non-knit jacket. DANG." The plaid jacket, maybe in one color.
But wow, seriously. What?
(Jeanne's Self-Imposed Knitting Rule #52: Yarn always gets put away/packed first. Subrule 1: Yarn can be in one of four places: the bookshelf, the basket, the bin, the closet. (Unless it is an active project, in which case it is Not Yarn and does not necessarily get put in one of the aforementioned places, but can be: on the chair, on the couch, in the purse.) Subrule 2: Tangled yarn must be untangled and re-wound.)
Anyway, it's been really, really cold here, and while I'm used to bundling up, I always manage to forget my fingers. I have some nice Grinch-green microfiber gloves, as well as some itchy green ones, but I keep thinking about fingerless ones with flaps. I have a lot of Cascade 220 to use up, so I could very well make the Urban Necessity gloves with it. But, again, Jeanne's Self-Imposed Knitting Rule #41 is No Casting On Until the Garter Stitch Throw is Done.
But what I really wanted to talk about is that the Interweave Knits winter preview is finally up. And out of the project list, there are maybe two things that I think I'd knit and one of them calls for 100% acrylic (well, 69% acrylic, 19% nylon, and 12% polyester, to be fair) yarn. The Colinette wrap sweater, yes, I'd knit that. The socks, perhaps. Everything else... not so much. The picture of the cabled bandeau, I was like "oh, yes, I like that brown-- non-knit jacket. DANG." The plaid jacket, maybe in one color.
But wow, seriously. What?
Labels: Jeanne



1 Comments:
Oooh, Pearl Buck jacket.
-Alexandra
Post a Comment
<< Home