Thursday, October 27, 2005

o noes it's photos!

Since the last post ended on a downer, I'm filling this one chock full of pictures! Yay, pictures! My camera battery has been slowly dying and I've been avoiding re-charging it, so I finally bit the bullet, took the last pictures I needed, uploaded them to the computer, and am now charging the battery.

I'll start with my two finished objects (or, in the case of the baby sweater, nearly finished objects).

Oh ho.

Could it be a cunning hat? As spotted all over the internets? Yes. Yes it could be. Although I realized yesterday that there are still a couple of uncut loops in the pompon. Oops. (Remind me to tell the pompom vs. pompon story sometime.)

Aww.

This is the emergency baby sweater that took a weekend to knit and a week to sew up/weave in ends, and I haven't even finished sewing on that first button yet. (The needle and thread is hiding inside the collar.) The pattern is ChildHood from Knitty, and I used two skeins of Unger Utopia in the lighter pink and one skein in the darker pink in the third-smallest size (1-2 years, I think?). If doing this in a solid color, it could definitely be done with just two skeins. I chose to make the button band a solid color because I was so darn tired of color switching. I also did the neckband without the instructions from the pattern, and I don't know if I screwed it up. ANYWAY.

The progression of Bulky Cables:

Hey. That's not Bulky Cables.

This is Rogue.

That's not Bulky Cables or Rogue!

This was Rogue.

There we go.

This is Bulky Cables -- I need to finish the WS row I'm on, then separate out the sleeves from the body. I already did that once, discovered it would be a little too tight under my arms, so I put the stitches back on the needle and added another increase row.

All Greek to me.

The back of the Greek pullover. There's not really much to it. This is also a bad "my camera is running out of batteries and it's dark so I have to use flash" picture. And what's that on the right hand side?

Oops.

I have so much sock yarn. Everyone else is knitting socks for Socktober. I might as well try to finish a sock. Since I've never managed to knit a sock past the heel, I've never knit a toe before. So I figured, why not start from the toe this time? I'm using the Elann free basic toe-up sock pattern, which is working out pretty well.

Augh, washed out.

Another "ew, I had to use flash" picture. This is the stretch merino cabled jacket. I need to do the fourth (of six) cable rows across, but I didn't bring my cable needle on the night I was going to do it. The green is not that sucky looking -- it's more of a deep bottle/teal green.

When I'm old, I'll wear a red hat with purple clothing.

The Red Hat Gossamer from Knitpicks. I don't know if you can really tell in that photo, but it's definitely forming diagonal stripes of red/black and lavender/purple. I had to switch from my beaded stitch markers to loops of yarn because the jump rings kept getting caught in the lace-weight yarn.

KSH and beads!

This is my Kidsilk Haze for Butterfly and the beads I got. There was a better match at the store, but they only sell hanks of beads ("yeah, can I get about 30 million beads? Thanks.") or the little capsules for a dollar. I have no idea when I'm going to do this. Maybe after I finish at least two or three of the things I'm already working on. Speaking of which...

Uh oh.

Hey! What is that? Or, rather, what was it? I cast on for it yesterday, then frogged it back last night.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eee, photos!

I dig the baby sweater very much. Really cute color combination and the striping is sweet like cotton candy. You could totally finish it and put it on a stuffed animal until a baby comes along ;)

Thank you for photo-ing the Jayne hat, it's quite useful as a reference. I am starting to visualize how I will make mine *ponder!* Also, it looks quite nice on your head, oversized in a cute way.

Cables. Yeek and yikes. The stretch merino one is looking really fab, though, and I like that shade of teal!

Photo post more, dangit :D

Fri Oct 28, 10:38:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home