yay free time for posting!
Woo! It's a finished dinosaur! 
Not exactly the finished object I was looking post, but it'll do. Tivoli could have been finished a few days ago- if I liked shirts that showed off my navel. Since I don't, I'm ripping back an inch and adding in a few more increase sets. Hopefully that should do the trick.
I've finished seaming the Shapely, and it fits, so that's nice. Now I just have to wear in twenty-seven million ends and do the garter stitch edging. I'm dragging my feet there. And on blocking the cabled jacket. And on seaming the other dinosaur, which now that I have more stuffing, I have no excuse.
However, I did start seaming my oldest UFO- my little black bag. Yeah. The one I made when I was still dating Brian. That tells you how old it is. Ha. But I figured if I finished it, Dorothy couldn't give me crap anymore. Also, I won't feel as bad for dragging my feet on other things- or buying more yarn.
Yeah, I bought yarn. From Elann. Not from Soft Horizons where I still have a gift certificate (I just need to GO there and spend it, sheesh. Buy a book or something.) no. Elann. But really, when you see the Debbie Bliss Cotton Cashmere on Elann, the reccomended yarn for the Tennis Sweater in Summer Vogue Knitting that you've been wanting to make for awhile, well, that makes a girl bust out her sparkly pink credit card and go shopping. (Sparkly Pink Credit Cards are effective against males stealing credit cards, and that is why I have one. No man, unless gay as a picnic, would steal a pink credit card and then try to use it. NO MAN.)
So now I have lots of Cotton Cashmere in Stone on its happy way to my house. And some more Merino Stretch to make a bumming around vneck- my current bumming around the house vnecks are too big. And when I say too big, I mean, they'd be large on anyone I knew. Even someone who is built like a house. Yeah. It's time for new sweaters.

Not exactly the finished object I was looking post, but it'll do. Tivoli could have been finished a few days ago- if I liked shirts that showed off my navel. Since I don't, I'm ripping back an inch and adding in a few more increase sets. Hopefully that should do the trick.
I've finished seaming the Shapely, and it fits, so that's nice. Now I just have to wear in twenty-seven million ends and do the garter stitch edging. I'm dragging my feet there. And on blocking the cabled jacket. And on seaming the other dinosaur, which now that I have more stuffing, I have no excuse.
However, I did start seaming my oldest UFO- my little black bag. Yeah. The one I made when I was still dating Brian. That tells you how old it is. Ha. But I figured if I finished it, Dorothy couldn't give me crap anymore. Also, I won't feel as bad for dragging my feet on other things- or buying more yarn.
Yeah, I bought yarn. From Elann. Not from Soft Horizons where I still have a gift certificate (I just need to GO there and spend it, sheesh. Buy a book or something.) no. Elann. But really, when you see the Debbie Bliss Cotton Cashmere on Elann, the reccomended yarn for the Tennis Sweater in Summer Vogue Knitting that you've been wanting to make for awhile, well, that makes a girl bust out her sparkly pink credit card and go shopping. (Sparkly Pink Credit Cards are effective against males stealing credit cards, and that is why I have one. No man, unless gay as a picnic, would steal a pink credit card and then try to use it. NO MAN.)
So now I have lots of Cotton Cashmere in Stone on its happy way to my house. And some more Merino Stretch to make a bumming around vneck- my current bumming around the house vnecks are too big. And when I say too big, I mean, they'd be large on anyone I knew. Even someone who is built like a house. Yeah. It's time for new sweaters.



4 Comments:
I was totally thinking of getting the Cotton Cashmere in pink. But I didn't.
...should I?
Oh no, I was wrong!
The Cotton Angora was what I was thinking of. And now there's no more pink. But that cabled sweater is still hella cute.
...actually, it'd be cheaper if I just went for that Aurora 8 pattern I really wanted.
YES I LIKE WRITING COMMENTS.
The cabled sweater on the cotton angora page? I think it'd be cuter if it wasn't as long and oversized.
Which Aurora 8 pattern? The one you were going "but this is too fancy?"
The cotton cashmere wasn't really cheap, but compared to normal prices, it was a steal.
Post a Comment
<< Home