Productive? Me?
I've actually been knitting a lot in the past couple of days -- whether it's casting on for the Bulky Cables cardigan (three times) at Stitch'n'Bitch on Monday, knitting over 30 rows on the Homespun throw (I went from 28 rows to 62!) and taking a big chunk out of Skein 2, casting on and doing the four inches of ribbing on the bottle-green cabled cardigan in one night (I did the first row of stockinette and stopped), and adding an additional cable-length for Bulky Cables today... yeah, I'm feeling good and productive.
I did, however, go back and rip out Hopeful. It's cute in concept and everything, but as Claudia and Bonne Marie say -- if something feels "hinky", you're not going to wear it, so might as well rip it out. I'd rather do a classic short-sleeve v-neck with 2x2 ribbing instead of the horizontal ribbing at the waist and the sailor collar thing. So now I have more Wool Cotton to play with. Hoo-ray.
I'm also putting some yarn in the mail today (it's going to San Francisco!).
I have managed to not buy anything since the stuff for the Jayne hat two weeks ago, but I'm eyeing KnitPicks' "Red Hat" lace for my grandma (not the one getting the throw) and maybe some of the Merino style for (surprise?) a cardigan. But I'm telling myself no, I don't need it. I don't. I'm on a yarn diet! Knitting from the stash!
I did, however, go back and rip out Hopeful. It's cute in concept and everything, but as Claudia and Bonne Marie say -- if something feels "hinky", you're not going to wear it, so might as well rip it out. I'd rather do a classic short-sleeve v-neck with 2x2 ribbing instead of the horizontal ribbing at the waist and the sailor collar thing. So now I have more Wool Cotton to play with. Hoo-ray.
I'm also putting some yarn in the mail today (it's going to San Francisco!).
I have managed to not buy anything since the stuff for the Jayne hat two weeks ago, but I'm eyeing KnitPicks' "Red Hat" lace for my grandma (not the one getting the throw) and maybe some of the Merino style for (surprise?) a cardigan. But I'm telling myself no, I don't need it. I don't. I'm on a yarn diet! Knitting from the stash!
Labels: Jeanne



1 Comments:
I bought it on Sunday when it was linked; when I checked on Monday, it was taken down.
It says 92505 in the pattern name, so I figure it might have been an early version and then it's being reworked? (The cable in the pattern seems wrong, for what it's worth.)
Post a Comment
<< Home