It's the end of the world as we know it:
So I was going to make a post a few days ago about all my unfinished projects and call it the "land of the ufos," but... I finished something!

My Razor Cami to be exact!
Pattern: Ohmystars' Razor Cami
Yarn: Sirdar Snuggly 4ply, color 377 or "putty," just over two skeins.*
Needles: Clover Bamboo size 5
Mods: Cast on 204 stitches, added an inch to the ribbing, divided stitches so more were in the back than the front when splitting for the front, moved straps in.
*Without adding the extra ribbing, and being prepared to use r2 sparkle or other yarn for the straps, you could probably make the 38-42" bust (204 stitches) with just two balls.
Also I joined a knitalong! Kati's first knitalong, aww. ...Maybe that's how I managed to finish this. *l*
Most people have been asking about the straps of the cami, concerned that they're too far out. I figured that I could avoid this problem by having more stitches belong to the "back" of the cami, thus making the front less wide. Even after that, I though the straps would be too wide at the edges. So I tried on the cami and figured out where the straps should go from there, picking up stitches where I wanted the straps to be.
Because of how I split the stitches for the front and back, to stay in pattern I had to decrease on the edges every pattern row. If I worked the cami again, I would do double decreases on some rows so that I wouldn't have to move the straps in.

A shot of the back.
I still may go back and move in the straps on the back so they don't go straight across, but follow the line of the other straps, but we'll see.
Seated shot of the back with celebratory beer.

And one last shot, for my lovely photographer, who insisted that the pizza needed to be in the shot. Since she took like seven million photos for me, in various locations, she can have her pizza shot. But not eat it, because I already did. Ha.

My Razor Cami to be exact!
Pattern: Ohmystars' Razor Cami
Yarn: Sirdar Snuggly 4ply, color 377 or "putty," just over two skeins.*
Needles: Clover Bamboo size 5
Mods: Cast on 204 stitches, added an inch to the ribbing, divided stitches so more were in the back than the front when splitting for the front, moved straps in.
*Without adding the extra ribbing, and being prepared to use r2 sparkle or other yarn for the straps, you could probably make the 38-42" bust (204 stitches) with just two balls.
Also I joined a knitalong! Kati's first knitalong, aww. ...Maybe that's how I managed to finish this. *l*
Most people have been asking about the straps of the cami, concerned that they're too far out. I figured that I could avoid this problem by having more stitches belong to the "back" of the cami, thus making the front less wide. Even after that, I though the straps would be too wide at the edges. So I tried on the cami and figured out where the straps should go from there, picking up stitches where I wanted the straps to be.
Because of how I split the stitches for the front and back, to stay in pattern I had to decrease on the edges every pattern row. If I worked the cami again, I would do double decreases on some rows so that I wouldn't have to move the straps in.

A shot of the back.
I still may go back and move in the straps on the back so they don't go straight across, but follow the line of the other straps, but we'll see.
Seated shot of the back with celebratory beer.

And one last shot, for my lovely photographer, who insisted that the pizza needed to be in the shot. Since she took like seven million photos for me, in various locations, she can have her pizza shot. But not eat it, because I already did. Ha.



2 Comments:
that looks great! i still need to find a coordinating yarn to finish mine off, since i'm going to run out before the straps.
Thanks to you both! :D
Lynne- I had the same problem, but luckily they had more of the same dyelot at the store. You might think about trying to find a firmer yarn for the straps, (I'm not sure what you're using) but I know that my straps will probably be too long in a few months since they're already stretching.
Post a Comment
<< Home