Saturday, May 27, 2006

green thumb

You know that right after I made my post about how "it's not mohair-weather, it's cotton-weather", we've been having cloudy rainy days ever since, right? Apparently I can control the weather, guys. Thus the absence of natural light. Alas.

So, since Project Spectrum's color was green, here are my two green finished objects. One of them has been around the blog and has been finished for a long time and I haven't taken any pictures of it, and the other was started and finished in about a week and a half.

Oh my gosh, it's Cabled Jacket!

I finished this months ago, and finally got a picture of it. I should have made the collar a little longer (you can see the zipper tape sticking out a little), but this is one of my favorite sweaters to pick up and throw on. The zipper's from Zipperstop.com, and I hand-sewed it in.

I am a sister soldier.  Recognize.

This is Alexandra's Soleil in Elann Sonata (of course) in Jade. Why Jade? Why not Jade? After all, I deserve an undiscovered supermodel-esque top, don't I? I started this as soon as I got the yarn two weeks ago and finished it this past Monday, so it took me a little over a week. I even blocked it and did the crochet edging and everything. It took me four skeins total to knit the body (adding two extra rows between the lace and the first waist decrease), and I used the fifth skein for the crochet, so I've got plenty left over. I was a little worried since I knit the 34" bust and I tend to lean towards 32", but with my perky bra it looks very nice. I've been dying to wear this out of the house over a black camisole and white skirt, but the weather just hasn't let me. Grr.

I'm still stubbornly knitting away on cotton things (as well as Birch in KSH), so hopefully the weather will shape up soon.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, neat. I didn't know you were making a Soleil. Looks good.

Sat May 27, 08:57:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Yeah for green! what fun finished objects! I've been debating making a Soleil for awhile now... this makes me want to actually do it

Tue May 30, 10:37:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home