Jinx!
I have a bad habit of taking pictures of projects, posting them on the blog, and then ripping them out or finding them boring after a certain point. Let's look at what I've done:
- Socks that Rock socks -- ripped out
- 4-ply Cotton baby sweater -- never sewn up, the baby it was meant for is now waaay too big for it
- Hopeful in Wool Cotton -- ripped out
- Bulky Cardigan in Peace Fleece -- ripped out
- Orangina in Cooking Apple -- ripped out
- Magnolia -- blocked but unseamed, waiting for cooler weather
- Rosa -- one sleeve done, I have no desire to string a gazillion beads for sleeve 2 just yet (but I may soon, as Project Spectrum's May color is green)
- Norwegian Stocking -- untouched since I posted it, as I'm not really feeling it
- Peacock Feathers -- unblocked
- Pink socks I didn't want to post for fear of jinxing -- ripped out
So yeah, I'm not really sure what's going on with me right now. All I can say is that I'm probably not going to be posting pictures of what I'm working on until I'm over the hump -- let's just say that it's a project I've tried many, many times and this is the first time it's succeeding. (But I'm not saying that. I'm not jinxing it.)
But Birch is going well! I haven't taken pictures of Birch (so it's unjinxed), but I've been bringing it to Stitch'n'Bitch every week, and it's growing slowly but surely. I'm almost done with the first ball, and then it should speed up when it gets smaller.
Another thing is that I'm also feeling blues and teals a lot lately -- I have so much pink in my stash because I've been trying to get away from blue, and now I'm swinging back to turquoise and bright blue. I bought some white skirts lately, so that may be why I'm thinking of blue or teal. But at the same time, I don't have a lot of blue or teal in the stash, and so I've been kind of "eh" now that Peacock Feathers is done. Once the Schoeller Esslinger Bermuda goes on sale at Elann next week, I'll probably make a spring Elann purchase of that and some Sonata, which will probably tip me over into my first "congratulations, you've spent far too much money on yarn from us" gift certificate.
- Socks that Rock socks -- ripped out
- 4-ply Cotton baby sweater -- never sewn up, the baby it was meant for is now waaay too big for it
- Hopeful in Wool Cotton -- ripped out
- Bulky Cardigan in Peace Fleece -- ripped out
- Orangina in Cooking Apple -- ripped out
- Magnolia -- blocked but unseamed, waiting for cooler weather
- Rosa -- one sleeve done, I have no desire to string a gazillion beads for sleeve 2 just yet (but I may soon, as Project Spectrum's May color is green)
- Norwegian Stocking -- untouched since I posted it, as I'm not really feeling it
- Peacock Feathers -- unblocked
- Pink socks I didn't want to post for fear of jinxing -- ripped out
So yeah, I'm not really sure what's going on with me right now. All I can say is that I'm probably not going to be posting pictures of what I'm working on until I'm over the hump -- let's just say that it's a project I've tried many, many times and this is the first time it's succeeding. (But I'm not saying that. I'm not jinxing it.)
But Birch is going well! I haven't taken pictures of Birch (so it's unjinxed), but I've been bringing it to Stitch'n'Bitch every week, and it's growing slowly but surely. I'm almost done with the first ball, and then it should speed up when it gets smaller.
Another thing is that I'm also feeling blues and teals a lot lately -- I have so much pink in my stash because I've been trying to get away from blue, and now I'm swinging back to turquoise and bright blue. I bought some white skirts lately, so that may be why I'm thinking of blue or teal. But at the same time, I don't have a lot of blue or teal in the stash, and so I've been kind of "eh" now that Peacock Feathers is done. Once the Schoeller Esslinger Bermuda goes on sale at Elann next week, I'll probably make a spring Elann purchase of that and some Sonata, which will probably tip me over into my first "congratulations, you've spent far too much money on yarn from us" gift certificate.
Labels: Jeanne



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home