baa baa pink sheep
Oh, you know me. I'm a sheep. A pink sheep. That says "sheep" underneath it.
But I haven't officially signed up for Project Spectrum. I've just been thinking about it. And I haven't officially signed up for Flash Your Stash, because I will be on spring break on Flashing Day and will be far away from the majority of my stash. Sad, sad day (except I'm going to a concert that night, which is awesome).
But I have a paper that I should be writing, and so here are the pink and red things in my house and in my stash:

I have three pairs of pink shoes and one pair of red. Yes, there's the old saying that "only children and whores wear red shoes". That is neither true nor fair. The pink shoes are all flats, and the red shoes are heels. (They were also on sale.)

Okay, let's talk more about the yarn. I've been trying to expand my color spectrum of my yarns away from blues (my old standby). Blue is technically my favorite color and has been since I was a little girl. The only time red was my favorite color was when I decided that I couldn't have Raphael as my favorite Ninja Turtle because my favorite color was blue, which was Leonardo's color. So, because of Raphael, my favorite color became red for a short period of time. And as you know from previous blog posts, I'm very picky about my reds.
So, starting from the top left with my mini stash-flash:
Cascade Fixation in Paris-Hilton-pink (socks, and that's not its real name), Jaggerspun Zephyr Wool-Silk in Cassis (Cherry Blossom shawl), Beaverslide Merino McTaggart Tweed in Winter Rosehip (Rogue cardigan), Kidsilk Haze in Blushes (Butterfly), Nature's Palette in Owl's Clover (knee socks and mittens), Rowan Wool Cotton in Rich (Tivoli), Habu silk in a burgundy color (no idea what to do with this), Jaggerspun Zephyr Wool-Silk in Ruby (Peacock Feathers! I'm still working on it!), Elann Sock-it-to-Me Esprit in Wine (Petit Chou), Koigu in sort of a bing cherry colorway (socks), and Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool in pink (uh, I have no idea, I bought two skeins and used one for a one-skein-wonder, so this is up for grabs if anyone wants it).
There's some other pink stuff in the stash left over from the baby sweater I knit in a week, but that doesn't really count if you ask me.
What's that little guy up at the top?

That is Steve, the mini-Grunion. He's a good luck charm, as are the two Daruma dolls. The one on the right is from last year (which is why both of his eyes are filled in), while the one on the left is this year's. I should hear shortly if I get to fill in that second eye, though.
But I haven't officially signed up for Project Spectrum. I've just been thinking about it. And I haven't officially signed up for Flash Your Stash, because I will be on spring break on Flashing Day and will be far away from the majority of my stash. Sad, sad day (except I'm going to a concert that night, which is awesome).
But I have a paper that I should be writing, and so here are the pink and red things in my house and in my stash:

I have three pairs of pink shoes and one pair of red. Yes, there's the old saying that "only children and whores wear red shoes". That is neither true nor fair. The pink shoes are all flats, and the red shoes are heels. (They were also on sale.)

Okay, let's talk more about the yarn. I've been trying to expand my color spectrum of my yarns away from blues (my old standby). Blue is technically my favorite color and has been since I was a little girl. The only time red was my favorite color was when I decided that I couldn't have Raphael as my favorite Ninja Turtle because my favorite color was blue, which was Leonardo's color. So, because of Raphael, my favorite color became red for a short period of time. And as you know from previous blog posts, I'm very picky about my reds.
So, starting from the top left with my mini stash-flash:
Cascade Fixation in Paris-Hilton-pink (socks, and that's not its real name), Jaggerspun Zephyr Wool-Silk in Cassis (Cherry Blossom shawl), Beaverslide Merino McTaggart Tweed in Winter Rosehip (Rogue cardigan), Kidsilk Haze in Blushes (Butterfly), Nature's Palette in Owl's Clover (knee socks and mittens), Rowan Wool Cotton in Rich (Tivoli), Habu silk in a burgundy color (no idea what to do with this), Jaggerspun Zephyr Wool-Silk in Ruby (Peacock Feathers! I'm still working on it!), Elann Sock-it-to-Me Esprit in Wine (Petit Chou), Koigu in sort of a bing cherry colorway (socks), and Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool in pink (uh, I have no idea, I bought two skeins and used one for a one-skein-wonder, so this is up for grabs if anyone wants it).
There's some other pink stuff in the stash left over from the baby sweater I knit in a week, but that doesn't really count if you ask me.
What's that little guy up at the top?

That is Steve, the mini-Grunion. He's a good luck charm, as are the two Daruma dolls. The one on the right is from last year (which is why both of his eyes are filled in), while the one on the left is this year's. I should hear shortly if I get to fill in that second eye, though.
Labels: Jeanne



3 Comments:
Red is my standby color – I have way more red yarn than any other… and I still don’t have the amazing stash that you do! I’m jealous… and must go yarn shopping immediately. Seriously, though I love the pinky kidsilk haze… and I’ve been looking for an excuse to buy some of that to try out…
Heroes in a half-shell! Turtle Power!
The girl who does not presently at this time knit but passionately believes in the power of stash so she has pretty things to pet whilst she heals her arms oggles your OSW leftover and askeths the cost.
Jeanne (wow, that's weird) -- Kidsilk Haze is really nice to work with, but be sure to use bamboo needles!
Elle -- Dude, you should have told me this yesterday morning, when I could have stuck it in my bag and brought it back for you. Alas, now it is in another state and I will have to mail it to you. I'll discuss such matters with you later.
Post a Comment
<< Home