Pieces of Magnolia
Sunday and Monday I worked fairly exclusively on Peacock Feathers, getting all the way to row 206, which puts me at 67.9% done and I finally got to join in the second skein. Hooray!
However, it's now officially too big to be taken out, so I had to figure out something for Stitch'n'Bitch on Monday night. So I finished up the front on Magnolia, and brought what I needed to start the second sleeve:

I'm still a little twitchy on the yarn amount, so I may have to go get another ball of Frilly, which I'm hoping I won't have to do.
I have to confess, though, that I didn't think I'd be a big shawl person (and I know I've said this before on the blog), but I'm really liking making Peacock Feathers (yes, still), looking forward to Cherry Blossom, and. I want one more. I want to make Birch (I mean, look at Fig and Plum's! How could you not want one?) in Meadow. Really, though, if I want to knit lace out of Kid Silk Haze, I should go back to Butterfly. But at the moment I've been knitting so many tops and I have so many planned that I'm kind of tired of knitting them. For now.
Anyway, my goal is to get Magnolia to a point where I'll know if I need the extra yarn or not by Friday. Friday I'll be heading up to Portland, and I have all day Saturday to run around and do my thing. If I need to get another ball of Frilly, I'll go to Knit-Purl, which is about two blocks from my hotel (score!), where they have Frilly (and Meadow) in stock and Rowan 34 on hold for me. (How convenient!)
I also bought some sock yarn on Monday night. I really wanted the Cherry Blossom sock yarn from Sundara Yarns, but it had sold out in the four hours between it going on sale and my e-mailing. So I bought some Lorna's Laces in Tahoe instead, and that's coming in the mail. I love cherry blossoms, especially since I'm still waiting on Japan, but I love Tahoe too.
However, it's now officially too big to be taken out, so I had to figure out something for Stitch'n'Bitch on Monday night. So I finished up the front on Magnolia, and brought what I needed to start the second sleeve:

I'm still a little twitchy on the yarn amount, so I may have to go get another ball of Frilly, which I'm hoping I won't have to do.
I have to confess, though, that I didn't think I'd be a big shawl person (and I know I've said this before on the blog), but I'm really liking making Peacock Feathers (yes, still), looking forward to Cherry Blossom, and. I want one more. I want to make Birch (I mean, look at Fig and Plum's! How could you not want one?) in Meadow. Really, though, if I want to knit lace out of Kid Silk Haze, I should go back to Butterfly. But at the moment I've been knitting so many tops and I have so many planned that I'm kind of tired of knitting them. For now.
Anyway, my goal is to get Magnolia to a point where I'll know if I need the extra yarn or not by Friday. Friday I'll be heading up to Portland, and I have all day Saturday to run around and do my thing. If I need to get another ball of Frilly, I'll go to Knit-Purl, which is about two blocks from my hotel (score!), where they have Frilly (and Meadow) in stock and Rowan 34 on hold for me. (How convenient!)
I also bought some sock yarn on Monday night. I really wanted the Cherry Blossom sock yarn from Sundara Yarns, but it had sold out in the four hours between it going on sale and my e-mailing. So I bought some Lorna's Laces in Tahoe instead, and that's coming in the mail. I love cherry blossoms, especially since I'm still waiting on Japan, but I love Tahoe too.
Labels: Jeanne



1 Comments:
I'm just starting my first lace shawl now... I didn't think I'd ever knit a shawl - since I don't ever wear them...but I wanted to try knitting it... and it's turning out to be soooo fun to work on.
I think lace is addicting.
Post a Comment
<< Home