Halfway? Not quite.
I just finished row 125 of 250. On paper that looks really good! That's half of the rows I need to knit, so halfway done, right? Not so much. Shawl progress calculator says I've reached 25% exactly. There's still a long way to go. Of course, as the rows get longer they count for more (row 250 counts for .8%, row 126 counts for .4%). But now I have to pin it to the couch instead of to a pillow:

Yeah, it's a bad picture because of the flash, but you can actually see the details.
I'll consider it "halfway done" when I've run out of the first ball of yarn, I guess. That or when the calculator tells me so (it says row 177, which is the second patterned row of Chart 7).
Luckily I think I should be able to finish Chart 4 today (fingers crossed) and manage to get deeply into Chart 6 by the end of this weekend. If I give myself a whole week for Chart 6, Chart 7, and the edging charts (ayyy), I think I can pull it off. The more I get done now the better, but there're errands to run, interviews to do, Project Runway to watch, and so on and so forth.
I'm also staining my new bamboo needles a pretty cherry red. Oops?

Yeah, it's a bad picture because of the flash, but you can actually see the details.
I'll consider it "halfway done" when I've run out of the first ball of yarn, I guess. That or when the calculator tells me so (it says row 177, which is the second patterned row of Chart 7).
Luckily I think I should be able to finish Chart 4 today (fingers crossed) and manage to get deeply into Chart 6 by the end of this weekend. If I give myself a whole week for Chart 6, Chart 7, and the edging charts (ayyy), I think I can pull it off. The more I get done now the better, but there're errands to run, interviews to do, Project Runway to watch, and so on and so forth.
I'm also staining my new bamboo needles a pretty cherry red. Oops?
Labels: Jeanne



2 Comments:
Wow, great job on getting so far you are doing wonderfully. Love the color too. You will be done in no time.
Staining your bamboo needles is half the fun of knitting! :D
Seriously though, this is looking amazing. I'm impressed you've made it so far, and I bet you can get it done in time.
(also, super good luck on the JET! *crosses fingers*)
Post a Comment
<< Home