early rewards!
Yesterday I put in the order for the zippers for our cabled jackets at Zipperstop. The pattern calls for a 19.5" zipper, which is probably the weirdest length required ever. I know that my sweater is longer than the pattern calls for, and Kati says hers is too, so I ordered 20" zippers. I got an e-mail today saying they were in the mail (hooray!).
I also put in an order for my Peacock Feathers kit. Eee! When I ordered, it said it could take a couple of weeks to ship, so it's a good thing I ordered now in order to have it in time for the Knitting Olympics. However, I'm still not done with Cabled Jacket (I haven't finished the sleeve, I know, I know), so I'll have to finish that up before February 10th. I've been cleaning my apartment today instead of sitting around knitting (what I would normally do on a Wednesday), so it's for the best.
However, Peacock Feathers is not only a Knitting Olympics project, but a reward for myself. I made it to the interview round for the JET Programme, which means that I am one step closer to teaching in Japan for a year. Since one of the locations I asked for is Sapporo, home of the '72 Winter Olympics... there might be a lot of cold-weather knitting ahead of me! But who knows; after the interview on February 16th, I have to wait until early April to find out if I'm in, wait-listed, or out. I'm pretty excited nonetheless!
I also put in an order for my Peacock Feathers kit. Eee! When I ordered, it said it could take a couple of weeks to ship, so it's a good thing I ordered now in order to have it in time for the Knitting Olympics. However, I'm still not done with Cabled Jacket (I haven't finished the sleeve, I know, I know), so I'll have to finish that up before February 10th. I've been cleaning my apartment today instead of sitting around knitting (what I would normally do on a Wednesday), so it's for the best.
However, Peacock Feathers is not only a Knitting Olympics project, but a reward for myself. I made it to the interview round for the JET Programme, which means that I am one step closer to teaching in Japan for a year. Since one of the locations I asked for is Sapporo, home of the '72 Winter Olympics... there might be a lot of cold-weather knitting ahead of me! But who knows; after the interview on February 16th, I have to wait until early April to find out if I'm in, wait-listed, or out. I'm pretty excited nonetheless!
Labels: Jeanne



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home