Saturday, January 14, 2006

Know thine enemy.

So, yes, there has been a lack of entries or, really, progress on my part. I can explain. First of all, there has been little to no sunlight in Eugene lately. So pictures are going to be kind of iffy once I actually take them.

Anyway. I haven't been doing much progress because I have been thwarted by my knitting a million times over. I tried to start Butterfly on Monday night, and kept getting tripped up in the lace pattern for the hem. I finally got into a groove and finished the hem repeats on Thursday night. I spent yesterday and today trying to pick up the right amount of stitches (71, but I decided to pick up 73 for a selvadge stitch) and then, after finally getting the right amount on the fifth try and getting the lace pattern right on the first row (on the third try), I screwed up on the third row (need to have TWO selvadge stitches for that one, argh).

So I'm pretty fed up with Butterfly and Kid Silk Haze right about now. But I'm understanding the pattern more and this is a learning experience, blah blah blah. I'll try again tomorrow, but I'm seriously getting tired of having to pick up these stitches. When I was working on the hem frill, I was ready to have that over and done with, but now I feel like I should make the second hem frill to get that over with (instead of having to go back and do it after I finish the first piece).

Because I've been working on Butterfly, I haven't been paying attention to my other knitting at home. I brought the second sleeve of the cabled jacket to go see Project Runway (best show ever!) at my friend's apartment, but I haven't gotten past the ribbing at the beginning, let alone the cabling part. I guess that'll be what I bring to Stitch'n'Bitch on Monday, not Butterfly.

Once I finally get some actual progress on Butterfly, instead of this two-steps-forward-three-steps-back thing I've got going, I'll put up pictures. Honest. No matter the weather.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home