Sunday, December 11, 2005

sweetly sung in tune

I haven't done any knitting or yarn-buying in the past week, even though I'm still thinking about that Rowanspun. (There's none left at Elann, of course, but I've got my sources.) I also managed to leave the camisole I'd wear under Butterfly and the shirt I'd wear under Aimee in Oregon. Oops.

But I did get something accomplished!

bound off

All bound off except for the final sixteen.

dropped

The stitches between the steeks are dropped.

cut

The stitches have been cut, and the scarf is longer than the twin bed is wide.

scarf!

Because it seems that I used 6s instead of 9s, the scarf is not as loose and airy and long as it's supposed to be, but it is a very good scarf length and doubles up to make a nice thick scarf.

If I were to do it again, I think I might like to, you know, use the actual Morehouse merino yarn that it asks for and maybe, just maybe, use the right needle size. Still, it makes a good scarf, and she'll like it. My mom thinks I should leave the fringe curly instead of straightening them out. Any opinions?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I love how that yarn looks all knit up! Gorgeous waves of color!

I like the fringe curly. Suits it somehow.

Mon Dec 12, 09:07:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home