Huh.
I didn't realize that there is a deep royal blue color of Kidsilk Haze: 'Lord'. And the reason I didn't realize that is that it's (surprise!) discontinued. Huh. But that is what I've swapped for, and it is lovely. I got some lapis lazuli earrings as an early graduation (!!) present, and it's a close match -- the yarn is a little darker, but they definitely will go well together.
The Melody's Shawl is... well, I'm not quite sure how I feel about it. I'm a little concerned about the size of it. The finished width of the shawl is supposed to be 16 inches, I believe, which is about how wide it is now, when I've gone about three or so inches past the halfway point. And I seriously doubt that it's going to reach 80 inches long, but maybe with some blocking... I'm really not sure. So I'm somewhat concerned about it. Maybe it'll lose width and gain length when I block it out? Definitely not sure about that.
The discontinued yarn I was eyeing on eBay got all bought up when I wasn't looking. Oh well, it's for the best. I have made it a whole month without spending a dollar on yarn (I got new yarn today, yes, but I had spent the money on it in July), and I'll probably continue with the no-yarn-buying through December. (Although there's nothing really catchy about December like "No Cast-On November". "Don't Buy December"?) So I am celebrating by looking for good deals on yarn... for the future.
I forgot to mention my grandma loves the garter stitch behemoth, and everyone's been oohing and aahing over it ("oh, how pretty! oh, how soft!"). I must admit I don't quite understand, but I'm glad that I finally had a successful knitted object for her. (I had it folded on my bed on Tuesday night, and later found the dog sleeping on it. Naturally, I took a picture, but I left my photo cord in Oregon, so I will have pictures of it later.)
The Melody's Shawl is... well, I'm not quite sure how I feel about it. I'm a little concerned about the size of it. The finished width of the shawl is supposed to be 16 inches, I believe, which is about how wide it is now, when I've gone about three or so inches past the halfway point. And I seriously doubt that it's going to reach 80 inches long, but maybe with some blocking... I'm really not sure. So I'm somewhat concerned about it. Maybe it'll lose width and gain length when I block it out? Definitely not sure about that.
The discontinued yarn I was eyeing on eBay got all bought up when I wasn't looking. Oh well, it's for the best. I have made it a whole month without spending a dollar on yarn (I got new yarn today, yes, but I had spent the money on it in July), and I'll probably continue with the no-yarn-buying through December. (Although there's nothing really catchy about December like "No Cast-On November". "Don't Buy December"?) So I am celebrating by looking for good deals on yarn... for the future.
I forgot to mention my grandma loves the garter stitch behemoth, and everyone's been oohing and aahing over it ("oh, how pretty! oh, how soft!"). I must admit I don't quite understand, but I'm glad that I finally had a successful knitted object for her. (I had it folded on my bed on Tuesday night, and later found the dog sleeping on it. Naturally, I took a picture, but I left my photo cord in Oregon, so I will have pictures of it later.)
Labels: Jeanne



1 Comments:
Hmm, are you sure you conted on the pattern right? (maybe it has a typo?) And it looked super cute, at least, so whatever it looks like should be awesome even if it's not the exact pattern.
The blue sounds like a good match for the project you're working on. We had that discussion about finicky blues and a darker one would totally overcome that (darker tones are totally making a come back, anyway!).
As for the behemoth... well, it turned out kind of pretty by the time you got to the end. And it's nice that she at least was satisfied. Sometimes y'gotta knit to the taste of your recipient.
Post a Comment
<< Home