Wednesday, November 16, 2005

First things first: I signed up for a Frappr account, just like everyone else in the knitblog world. So far it has, uh, me. ...Yay!

Knitting remains slow-going. This is what I've been working on most of the time:

Oh, how exciting.

The Melody's Shawl. Never-ending. I think I've knit about eight inches so far, and the halfway point is not even in view yet. The ladies at Monday Stitch'n'Bitch have requested that I do the unravelling/cutting bit (for the fringe) at Stitch'n'Bitch so everyone can see how it works. Unfortunately, the last Monday night before I leave for winter break is the night of my Japanese final, so that means that I have to have the shawl ready to bind off on Monday the 28th, the Monday after Thanksgiving. I guess that means that's my Thanksgiving weekend knitting. Knitting in the airport, knitting on the plane, knitting on the train...

But look what else I did:

But-tons!

I sewed the buttons onto the baby sweater and it was sent off yesterday morning. However, I should have done it a long time before that. I just don't like sewing on buttons, especially on a baby sweater.

And finally, I have a handknit sweater that, uh, I didn't make:

I was feeling bumpy.  Still am.

This is from Alexandra, who was nice enough to send it my way! For a non-oogly picture, there's a lovely one on her blog. It's very warm and very well-done all around, and I wore it all day yesterday. I'll try and get a better picture of me in it, but the weather, the lighting, and I have been blah lately.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home