Wednesday, November 02, 2005

and goooooals.

Yesterday I finished my mystery thing. So no more mystery: it was a scarf-length Clapotis (it's clap-oh-tee, not clap-tosis, as Kati says it, but it's all good) in Noro Silk Garden #206. It took two skeins, one increase section, and a lot of straight sections. Cast on on Thursday, cast off yesterday, wore last night and today. Picture later. When I'm not feeling bumpy.

Usually I am good about avoiding temptation. I don't go to the yarn store unless I want something specific (I wanted the Cotton Angora book, but they didn't have it, and then I got distracted by the two skeins of Silk Garden bundled together). I don't buy things off of yarn websites usually.

But Elann? They know where I live, and they send the sneak preview newsletter there. And I like getting things in the mail.

And there's a yarn in there that goes on sale Thanksgiving week. And it will substitute nicely for a project I have been sighing over. So I'm making a goal for myself: finish my garter throw wrap for Grandma and another project by Thanksgiving, and I get to order that yarn.

So in an attempt to further that goal, I ripped out Bulky Cables. The reason? Well, I forgot how much I disliked cabling in Peace Fleece for Rogue, and Bulky Cables wasn't much better. I'll probably try again with an actual bulky yarn at some point, but I'll do something else with the Peace Fleece.

...okay!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on finishing the clapotis! The yarn choice looked lovely, I bet it's awesome as a scarf ^^ (And this reminds me that I had a question about how you handled something on the straight section.)

I think rewarding finished projects with yarn is a marvellous idea. What better way to inspire being productive than to treat yourself to something shiney if you succeed.

How far along is the blanket? Or is it not getting very far because it's boring and you have other things you could be knitting?

Thu Nov 03, 08:39:00 AM PST  
Blogger Jeanne said...

I'm on the third skein of three; if I sit down and work on it (which I'll probably do tonight) it moves quickly. The only problem is that it's so big that I can't even work on it while I'm on the computer anymore (which is where I get most of my at-home knitting done). So it's a not-exciting knit and it requires that I'm sitting on the couch, and I just haven't been working on it. But now that the scarf is done, I can probably put more time on it.

It's aran-weight wool-alpaca blend, dude. I totally want to get this stuff done.

Thu Nov 03, 11:36:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find the best way to slog through something that tedious is to watch movies. It is the easiest thing ever to multitask, may as well multitask the hell out of it.

Good luck, though! The yarn is worth it!

Fri Nov 04, 11:57:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home