Sunday, October 30, 2005

Extra, Extra, Kati finishes something! Woot!

Lookit my cute Booga Bag!



I'm really happy with this bag- it was fun to make, really easy, pretty fast (you know, ignoring the week I did nothing because it was too hot to knit and ignoring how long it took me to throw it in the washer,) and the kureyon is gorgy. And it's big enough to fit a notebook/magazine and my knitting. Mmm. Lovely.

Tasha is just about done- the strap is taking longer than expected because I keep losing my place in the cable pattern- but it's about halfway (since I've already used up a ball of yarn on it.) And the rest of Tasha got washed and is ready for the seaming fun.

Speaking of seaming fun- Tivoli is just about done as well. I know, I've been resting on my laurels there, but the ends are all woven in and I bound off. So I could say I'm done. But the bindoff is too tight despite going up two needle sizes to do it, so I'm going to go back and do a picot bindoff (and I can hear Dorothy mocking me from the wings) and that should fix things.

And the Tennis sweater? Yeah, she's got half a sleeve.



Perhaps by the time I'm done knitting it, I'll have managed to finish everything else. Yeah, my half of this blog should be known as a finishing blog and not a knit blog. Sheesh.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I realize, while I read both halves of your knitblog, I always forget to comment on your stuff! Meep.

I don't blame you for putting off the finishing. It's like the least enjoyable part of knitting and it's so easy to procrastinate with.

And I gotta say, I love the cabled sleeve. Looks tres swank.

Thu Nov 03, 08:50:00 AM PST  
Blogger Kati said...

Dude, it is understandable. I do not post anywhere near enough (probably because I do not knit nearly enough!)

I don't actually mind the seaming while I'm doing it, it's just not something I can multitask at. And I love to multitask. (oh yeah, I knit it class. And in front of the tv. And standing in line. And in the movie theater. Oh yeah.)

And thank you. The cotton cashmere is nice and soft- I think that has a lot to do with it.

Tue Nov 08, 11:42:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home