all right!
I am on track to finish today! Yesterday I finished the left front, started and finished the right front, and started and finished a sleeve. (I also went back to Soft Horizons and bought a second skein of pink and, oh yeah, buttons. I thought "gee, wouldn't it suck if I ran out of pink on Sunday when the store is closed", so therefore -- buying more pink. And wouldn't you know, it looks like I'll run out of pink on this sleeve, and I still have to do the button bands, neck bands, and seaming.)
So, yesterday, in a celebratory/preparatory mood, I bought the Morehouse Merino "Melody" shawl pattern, and then went ahead and ordered the KnitPicks "Red Hat" Gossamer for my grandma. A big thing knit in the round should roughly be equivalent in time/easiness as a big thing knit in garter stitch.
And since you get free shipping if your order is over thirty dollars, I also bought the Vintage Knits book and six skeins of Merino Style in... some sort of nut. Nutmeg. (Which isn't really a nut, actually.) Anyway, that is for the Victorian lace tank thing in Vogue Knitting that everyone's going "ooohhhh" over (the only thing that people are going "ooohhhh" over), so if that works, yay. If not, I can... figure something out.
And I didn't buy the Cotton Angora (if you're looking at the comments to Kati's post), especially because I already have so much (and more stuff coming, now).
By the way, the stash-enhancing on both my and Kati's parts? Totally justified. Everyone and their mother's at Rhinebeck this weekend, stash-enhancing, and our next big festival thing? Yeah. June, isn't it? (We missed Flock and Fiber a couple of weeks ago.) It's in the air.
So, yesterday, in a celebratory/preparatory mood, I bought the Morehouse Merino "Melody" shawl pattern, and then went ahead and ordered the KnitPicks "Red Hat" Gossamer for my grandma. A big thing knit in the round should roughly be equivalent in time/easiness as a big thing knit in garter stitch.
And since you get free shipping if your order is over thirty dollars, I also bought the Vintage Knits book and six skeins of Merino Style in... some sort of nut. Nutmeg. (Which isn't really a nut, actually.) Anyway, that is for the Victorian lace tank thing in Vogue Knitting that everyone's going "ooohhhh" over (the only thing that people are going "ooohhhh" over), so if that works, yay. If not, I can... figure something out.
And I didn't buy the Cotton Angora (if you're looking at the comments to Kati's post), especially because I already have so much (and more stuff coming, now).
By the way, the stash-enhancing on both my and Kati's parts? Totally justified. Everyone and their mother's at Rhinebeck this weekend, stash-enhancing, and our next big festival thing? Yeah. June, isn't it? (We missed Flock and Fiber a couple of weeks ago.) It's in the air.
Labels: Jeanne



2 Comments:
Good luck on the finishing man! That's always what trips me up.
mmm, Merino style.
I guess the only real benefit to knitting this sweater out of 100% acrylic? There's no point in blocking it! Acrylic doesn't block! Ha! I win!
...Except now I have to knit button and neckbands.
Post a Comment
<< Home