Am I writing too much lately or what?
You'd think that at the rate I'm posting lately, I'd be putting up pictures. (I KNOW, I KNOW! After the photoshoot with Kati, man.)
Anyway, I am starting to think about Christmas, as everyone else is going "omg Christmas gifts!" in the middle of October. So. Advice.
- First off, I have the huge garter stitch throw for my grandma's birthday. Is it fair to say "that's your knitted gift", or should I still make her something for Christmas? (Last year I made her dog a ladybug sweater for her birthday, and she was a little disappointed that I didn't use Fun Fur.)
- Secondly, I do want to get the KnitPicks Gossamer in "Red Hat" for my other grandma, who is also a knitter (she bought me my Denises two years ago). Would it be acceptable to give her the yarn, or should I knit something for her?
- Thirdly, there's my mom. My mom "only knits scarves", but she's willing to experiment with different stitch patterns and what have you. But I'm thinking she'd really enjoy one of the two knitted teddy bear books. Should I get her one of those, or would I be better off getting her a gift certificate somewhere (which feels so impersonal for, you know, my MOM)? Or I could use the little beaded bag pattern from Rowan 35 and knit her a little beaded bag for her harmonica (my mom wants to learn how to play blues harmonica)?
Anyway, I managed to separate the sleeves for Bulky Cables, but it felt a little tight, so I put them back on the needle and did another increase row. And I'm still working away at the garter stitch throw.
Anyway, I am starting to think about Christmas, as everyone else is going "omg Christmas gifts!" in the middle of October. So. Advice.
- First off, I have the huge garter stitch throw for my grandma's birthday. Is it fair to say "that's your knitted gift", or should I still make her something for Christmas? (Last year I made her dog a ladybug sweater for her birthday, and she was a little disappointed that I didn't use Fun Fur.)
- Secondly, I do want to get the KnitPicks Gossamer in "Red Hat" for my other grandma, who is also a knitter (she bought me my Denises two years ago). Would it be acceptable to give her the yarn, or should I knit something for her?
- Thirdly, there's my mom. My mom "only knits scarves", but she's willing to experiment with different stitch patterns and what have you. But I'm thinking she'd really enjoy one of the two knitted teddy bear books. Should I get her one of those, or would I be better off getting her a gift certificate somewhere (which feels so impersonal for, you know, my MOM)? Or I could use the little beaded bag pattern from Rowan 35 and knit her a little beaded bag for her harmonica (my mom wants to learn how to play blues harmonica)?
Anyway, I managed to separate the sleeves for Bulky Cables, but it felt a little tight, so I put them back on the needle and did another increase row. And I'm still working away at the garter stitch throw.
Labels: Jeanne



1 Comments:
Hurry up and photoshoot already! (And I do enjoy that you post so often, you give me blog fodder at work)
-I vote the throw is her knitted gift, since she seems very particular about her knitting and you don't want to send her something she won't like
-I think a knitted gift would still be nice, something small that shows how much you've learned thanks to her encouragement? Cabled hat or lace project?
-HARMONICA BAG! WOOT!
Post a Comment
<< Home