Well, I learned a lesson. The lesson is: "if you make alterations on the back piece of a sweater, don't forget to make them the same on the front of the sweater". I forgot some of my numbers and didn't have the back piece handy when I started the front, so I ripped back and will start over again at some point in the future.
But! Instead of doing the same thing over again, I bought the Bulky Cables pattern from Glampyre yesterday. If I double-up my Peace Fleece, it should work out nicely. Plus, hey, a quick-knit cardigan. I need one of those.
In fact, I need more cardigans in general (perhaps the cabled cardigan next?) and I need more casual knits -- my knitting taste tends to lean to the fancy/elegant, while I wear casual things all of the time. I'm really drawn to this cardigan in a dark brown, but I don't exactly have the money/space to drop 80 dollars on yarn and a pattern right now. Sigh.
But! Instead of doing the same thing over again, I bought the Bulky Cables pattern from Glampyre yesterday. If I double-up my Peace Fleece, it should work out nicely. Plus, hey, a quick-knit cardigan. I need one of those.
In fact, I need more cardigans in general (perhaps the cabled cardigan next?) and I need more casual knits -- my knitting taste tends to lean to the fancy/elegant, while I wear casual things all of the time. I'm really drawn to this cardigan in a dark brown, but I don't exactly have the money/space to drop 80 dollars on yarn and a pattern right now. Sigh.
Labels: Jeanne



3 Comments:
I do think that's a gorgeous cardi, but I think some of the sweaters on your to-do list will be cute and chic and casual enough to tide you over until you start on something that big?
I totally hear you though. I'm not even a cardi person and I keep oggling these patterns. Must be something in the air or something?
I think it's the whole "it's cold and I want to wear sweaters but I have so many pullovers" thing. I have one cardigan sweater that I wear all of the time (the blue ribby one) that my mom is like "DON'T YOU HAVE ANYTHING ELSE?"
Plus? I found the yarn for that cardigan on sale, but they only had nine balls in the color I wanted -- I need ten.
*nodnod* That makes sense to me (maybe my compulsion for a cardi is the same case of "I wear the same jacketty thing all the time and it's not pullover country yet"?). I say there's no harm in working on a cardigan, but you really should wittle at the stash a _bit_ first. Token wittle perhaps.
As for the sale yarn... that really sucks, I'm sorry.
Post a Comment
<< Home