So I finally got internet back at my apartment, after much teeth-gnashing and impatiently knitting away on the Homespun throw while waiting for Comcast. I actually finished the first skein of Homespun! I thought those things never ended ever.
Things I did without internet, knitting-wise:
- organized my yarn in a storage cabinet, the bookshelf, and a Cost Plus basket bought specifically for yarn
- the Homespun throw
- the Greek Pullover from IK (for Stitch'n'Bitch; the Homespun throw is too big to carry around)
- ripped out Rogue (took pictures of it first, though)
So yes. I also broke my yarn diet (blast!) for a present for the boy; ideally it'll be a quick knit, as it needs to be done by tomorrow evening. Can you guess what it could be?
I've also been invited to my very first grown-up wedding (by which I mean the first I've been invited to as an adult, and the first wedding of a peer). The last time I went to a wedding I was, like, twelve. So I'm very excited. I really want to go, but I need to know when and where it is first (the invitation has not yet arrived). This also brings up the "can I knit something for it" question. It's certainly possible to have the Greek Pullover done for it, but I guess it does, you know, depend on when and where it is. It's (I think) an autumn wedding in Los Angeles, so a wrap might be appropriate or Butterfly might be appropriate, or Greek Pullover with a nice pencil skirt. I don't know. I guess I should wait until I find out more details, huh. But all the same! A wedding, a wedding!
Things I did without internet, knitting-wise:
- organized my yarn in a storage cabinet, the bookshelf, and a Cost Plus basket bought specifically for yarn
- the Homespun throw
- the Greek Pullover from IK (for Stitch'n'Bitch; the Homespun throw is too big to carry around)
- ripped out Rogue (took pictures of it first, though)
So yes. I also broke my yarn diet (blast!) for a present for the boy; ideally it'll be a quick knit, as it needs to be done by tomorrow evening. Can you guess what it could be?
I've also been invited to my very first grown-up wedding (by which I mean the first I've been invited to as an adult, and the first wedding of a peer). The last time I went to a wedding I was, like, twelve. So I'm very excited. I really want to go, but I need to know when and where it is first (the invitation has not yet arrived). This also brings up the "can I knit something for it" question. It's certainly possible to have the Greek Pullover done for it, but I guess it does, you know, depend on when and where it is. It's (I think) an autumn wedding in Los Angeles, so a wrap might be appropriate or Butterfly might be appropriate, or Greek Pullover with a nice pencil skirt. I don't know. I guess I should wait until I find out more details, huh. But all the same! A wedding, a wedding!
Labels: Jeanne



1 Comments:
Finishing Homespun skeins is joyful. I've knit pants, several sweaters, and three blankets out of it. Including over the summer when I thought the Homespun might make me ignite from heat.
Post a Comment
<< Home