this is only a theory.
So since I've forbidden myself to buy any yarn until I arrive in the state of Oregon, I have been looking and I have been thinking. What should I buy when I get to Websters, and what can wait until I get to Eugene itself? What can be bought at the Knit Shop, and what can come through eBay?
- First, we have the Not So Shrunken Cardigan from Knit and Tonic. Cute, sassy, and I like the Silky Wool I've been using, so I would most likely enjoy the Silky Tweed as well. Price: 9 dollars a ball at Websters x 6 balls (no immediate price from eBay or Knit Shop handy). Plus: Cute! Supporting independent designers! Cushy wool! Minus: I'm not too sure about the colors (I like the Silky Wool colors better but it's thinner), buttons, I have never successfully finished a cardigan.
- Second, there's Kidsilk Haze, most likely for a Kiri shawl. Price: 14 at Websters, 13.95 at the Knit Shop (plus student discount!), 10 dollars off eBay x 3 balls. This can wait for eBay, I am thinking. Plus: Oooh, pretty. Minus: I have two balls that it looks like I'm not going to end up using for Butterfly but can't return to Commuknity. So why should I buy more when I already have Too Much? Also, pricey.
- Third, there's the quite cute Gemma sweater from Rowan 37, which uses Calmer and 4-ply Cotton, both of which I've worked with before in the past and liked. (Another picture.) Price: 11 dollars/6.50 at Websters, 10.95/6.25 at Knit Shop (student discount!), 8 dollars/4 dollars off eBay. This is another "I should probably wait for eBay/the apocalypse (when I need more yarn)" project, most likely. Plus: So cute! Interesting color combinations can make this cool! Neat stitch pattern! Minus: Cotton? In the fall?
At least I have given up on the Strawberry Stripe sweater. You don't want to know how much yarn it uses and how much it costs for a sweater that knits up on 11s. It's Kaffe Fassett. You don't want to know. I looked it up and said, "...All right, Gemma, Gemma is cute."
- First, we have the Not So Shrunken Cardigan from Knit and Tonic. Cute, sassy, and I like the Silky Wool I've been using, so I would most likely enjoy the Silky Tweed as well. Price: 9 dollars a ball at Websters x 6 balls (no immediate price from eBay or Knit Shop handy). Plus: Cute! Supporting independent designers! Cushy wool! Minus: I'm not too sure about the colors (I like the Silky Wool colors better but it's thinner), buttons, I have never successfully finished a cardigan.
- Second, there's Kidsilk Haze, most likely for a Kiri shawl. Price: 14 at Websters, 13.95 at the Knit Shop (plus student discount!), 10 dollars off eBay x 3 balls. This can wait for eBay, I am thinking. Plus: Oooh, pretty. Minus: I have two balls that it looks like I'm not going to end up using for Butterfly but can't return to Commuknity. So why should I buy more when I already have Too Much? Also, pricey.
- Third, there's the quite cute Gemma sweater from Rowan 37, which uses Calmer and 4-ply Cotton, both of which I've worked with before in the past and liked. (Another picture.) Price: 11 dollars/6.50 at Websters, 10.95/6.25 at Knit Shop (student discount!), 8 dollars/4 dollars off eBay. This is another "I should probably wait for eBay/the apocalypse (when I need more yarn)" project, most likely. Plus: So cute! Interesting color combinations can make this cool! Neat stitch pattern! Minus: Cotton? In the fall?
At least I have given up on the Strawberry Stripe sweater. You don't want to know how much yarn it uses and how much it costs for a sweater that knits up on 11s. It's Kaffe Fassett. You don't want to know. I looked it up and said, "...All right, Gemma, Gemma is cute."
Labels: Jeanne



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home