Magknits! Review! No knitting progess!
After a day to reflect on it, I have to say that I really like the new MagKnits issue and the direction it seems to be going. The patterns this issue are all nice, even the ones I know I will never knit, and there was no, "ugh, what was this designer thinking?" going on. I will be knitting Picovoli/Tivoli (of course) at some point, since I have lovely cotton fleece that has been waiting to be made into one for ages. I also like the looks of Sesame and Alice, and would probably consider making them. The other three patterns- the finished objects look lovely, but they're not my style so I won't be knitting them. But they fit in nicely I think, and keep it from being "the all sweater, all the time" issue. I do like a healthy mix of accessories to sweaters in magazines. And no, shrugs do not and will not ever count as a sweater for me.
And going monthly should keep people from being wangsty when they perceive an issue to be bad, because there's only a month to wait instead of the three for a new issue of knitty. Don't like it? Check back next month!
And the new layout is really nice, much better than the old ones. I definitely like the direction this is headed. All that's left to say is: Well played, Magknits, well played.
And going monthly should keep people from being wangsty when they perceive an issue to be bad, because there's only a month to wait instead of the three for a new issue of knitty. Don't like it? Check back next month!
And the new layout is really nice, much better than the old ones. I definitely like the direction this is headed. All that's left to say is: Well played, Magknits, well played.
Labels: Kati



3 Comments:
Yeah, it's very nicely done. I'm considering swapping in blue and cream for the black and red on Alice, respectively -- I've been thinking about it for a while (side benefits of knowing designers!). Which would give it even more of an Alice-in-Wonderland vibe, I'd think.
BUT AGAIN, I DO NOT NEED MORE YARN.
Oh, and I do think that the caution tape scarf is awesome, just for being really clever and easily adaptable as well.
Yeah! I love the idea of the caution tape scarf, and it looks awesome, I just feel that I would never made it for me. Doesn't mean I think it's a bad pattern or it shouldn't have been published.
Yeah, I'd want to change the colours if I did Alice too, but I didn't even consider Blue and Cream. Well played.
Post a Comment
<< Home