Hmm.
Last night, on coming home from work at ten pm (I know, it's terrible!), I decided I'd rather not go on the computer, but that I wanted to watch TV and knit. I wound up staying up until two watching VH1 (are we detecting a pattern here?) and "What Not to Wear".
Now, I dig "What Not to Wear". I want to be tapped as a bad dresser just so I can be given five grand and style lessons. Both of the women had some body issues -- the first one had lost fifty pounds and wasn't sure how to dress for her new body (she was also from Tacoma, which was amusing!), while the other was very uncomfortable with her body and wound up spending money the first day on new glasses and shoes (which I probably would do too) before Clinton and Stacy (Stacey?) went in to help her the second day.
But as I was knitting away on my Cabaret raglan while watching TV, I messed up and had to frog back. I already got to the decorative bit on the front, and then I screwed it up with THE WRONG DECREASES. I'm not very clever. So I bit the bullet and just frogged instead of tinking back.
I also didn't get onto the project I wanted at work, but I have been very good and have not given into retail therapy. Because, really, I'm not feeling sorry for myself; it more than likely came down to "who will be here to see this project through", and since I'll be leaving for Oregon in three weeks, it wasn't in the company's best interest to put me on the project just to have me leave.
Now, I dig "What Not to Wear". I want to be tapped as a bad dresser just so I can be given five grand and style lessons. Both of the women had some body issues -- the first one had lost fifty pounds and wasn't sure how to dress for her new body (she was also from Tacoma, which was amusing!), while the other was very uncomfortable with her body and wound up spending money the first day on new glasses and shoes (which I probably would do too) before Clinton and Stacy (Stacey?) went in to help her the second day.
But as I was knitting away on my Cabaret raglan while watching TV, I messed up and had to frog back. I already got to the decorative bit on the front, and then I screwed it up with THE WRONG DECREASES. I'm not very clever. So I bit the bullet and just frogged instead of tinking back.
I also didn't get onto the project I wanted at work, but I have been very good and have not given into retail therapy. Because, really, I'm not feeling sorry for myself; it more than likely came down to "who will be here to see this project through", and since I'll be leaving for Oregon in three weeks, it wasn't in the company's best interest to put me on the project just to have me leave.
Labels: Jeanne



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home