Saturday, August 20, 2005

this is the 51st post!

And only the third with pictures! Unfortunately, they're not all that interesting.

oooh, aaah.

The box full of Cotton-Ease. I still haven't opened it.

wilkommen bienvenue welcome

The back of the Cabaret raglan. No, it doesn't have any waist-shaping, it's just curled in on the sides.

yo, yo, yarnovers.

The decorative decrease. I didn't realize it happened on the back too. It's cute. Also, you may notice that I've got needles that are far too big on the end of the Denise cord. I had a bad experience with the stoppers (as in, one is permanently stuck on one of my cords), so needles it is!

The British yarns are coming!

The mini-Rowan explosion I have going on. The red is the Wool Cotton for Hopeful, the magenta-y is the Kid Classic for the Greek Pullover, and the warm beige is Kidsilk Haze for... I don't know what. I originally bought it for the Flower Basket shawl, then decided I'd rather do Madli's Shawl, and now I'm tempted to do either the Butterfly camisole or the River stole. Each of them calls for two. But really, since I have four balls, I could go for it and make the full-length Butterfly, which calls for four in my size. It looks a lot more like what I originally wanted Hush-Hush to be: something retro, elegant, in a neutral color...

Instead, this is what I got out of Hush-Hush:

auuugh
booo

Too big, too baggy, too much fabric, too much bra showing and ultimately too yellow for my skintone. BOO. I think the only way I could possibly salvage it to be wearable would be to rip back to the decreases, and add in additional decreases to the front and back. That would be, however, ripping back hundreds of rows of hundreds of stitches and that would just make me cry a lot, I think. But it could be done. If I was feeling particularly masochistic. Which I'm currently not.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Kati said...

From what I can tell from the pictures, hush hush might not be too yellow in the winter when you are less tan (you look really tan in those pictures, I am jealous.) But that obviously doesn't help when it is still too big.

And the Butterfly camisole is gorgy. mmm.

Back of the Cabaret looks nice. You are smart, doing the biggest pieces first. I am not looking forward to how long the back of the cabley jacket is going to take.

Sat Aug 20, 05:36:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Jeanne said...

I also look really tan/yellow against the turquoise walls of my bedroom, which happens no matter what time of the year it is.

Isn't it lovely? There's a copy of Rowan 37 on eBay for ten dollars that I'm keeping my eye on. Shipping sucks (six dollars for, what, media mail?), but hey, sixteen dollars for what usually goes for 20-something isn't too bad.

I always do the biggest pieces first, except for the Rowan baby sweater, where I started with the sleeves and then did the whole big body.

Sat Aug 20, 08:35:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home