Now, really I'm done.
Today I got a confirmation that my big box of C-E is on the way. This is good.
Yesterday I pulled back the Flower Basket shawl again because I just don't have the patience for it right now.
I also went to JoAnn's yesterday to dig around for orange C-E to knit something in support of the Giants. Unfortunately I'd forgotten that the orange C-E is traffic cone orange, which looks terrible on me. They were also out of black C-E anyway. They did have four skeins of Sugarplum, but they felt weird in comparison to the other C-E I've worked with (not as soft) and I didn't need it anyway (hello, big box of yarn en route to my house).
I did, however, wind up buying some Microspun so I can have a Giants stripey scarf/wrap thingie. I was considering making a tank top, but really, uh, San Francisco games require something a little more appropriate for weird weather changes than a tank top. So I'll make a ribbed wrap, once I actually feel like casting on with very splitty black yarn.
Here's that merino. I wanted to get the Baffin Sky. But oh man, the tiny gauge. The knitting forever. Thus the Cotton-Ease.
Plus the no-more-buying-yarn this summer.
Yesterday I pulled back the Flower Basket shawl again because I just don't have the patience for it right now.
I also went to JoAnn's yesterday to dig around for orange C-E to knit something in support of the Giants. Unfortunately I'd forgotten that the orange C-E is traffic cone orange, which looks terrible on me. They were also out of black C-E anyway. They did have four skeins of Sugarplum, but they felt weird in comparison to the other C-E I've worked with (not as soft) and I didn't need it anyway (hello, big box of yarn en route to my house).
I did, however, wind up buying some Microspun so I can have a Giants stripey scarf/wrap thingie. I was considering making a tank top, but really, uh, San Francisco games require something a little more appropriate for weird weather changes than a tank top. So I'll make a ribbed wrap, once I actually feel like casting on with very splitty black yarn.
Here's that merino. I wanted to get the Baffin Sky. But oh man, the tiny gauge. The knitting forever. Thus the Cotton-Ease.
Plus the no-more-buying-yarn this summer.
Labels: Jeanne



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home