a small update
So the Flower Basket shawl is still pushed off in a bag somewhere, I'm still waiting on the Interweave Knits issues that're coming in the mail, and, yesterday, I decided to rip back the sock.
No, I don't know why either. I got it off the needles, put it on my foot, was surprised that it fit, then proceeded to rip it back. I tried casting on again numerous times (I think I was unhappy with the cast on/ribbing, and that's why I pulled it back), got frustrated, decided to try it again when I got home because there I would have scrap yarn, a crochet hook, and the Knitter's Book of Finishing Techniques. I thought I might try the tubular cast on, because, hey, it's stretchy. But it was FIDDLY.
Ultimately I said "to hell with it" and did a long-tail cast-on onto a larger needle (size 2, for knitting with size 1s).
Other things I could have been working on: casting on for the cabled jacket (but my mom has the needle I need for the main body, so really all I could have done would be ribbing and that would be lame), Orangina (I can't take it to work/play because it's a POUND CONE OF YARN without swapping to a different purse), Hush-Hush (which is still being punished), tinking back the Flower Basket Shawl (but I didn't want to!), the Greek Pullover (fiddly increases, ugh)... but instead, the sock.
At least in its short life it got to encounter greatness like Lou Seal and a balloon monkey.
Plus I'm going to a Giants game on Sunday. It just may see Lou Seal or some balloon creature again.
No, I don't know why either. I got it off the needles, put it on my foot, was surprised that it fit, then proceeded to rip it back. I tried casting on again numerous times (I think I was unhappy with the cast on/ribbing, and that's why I pulled it back), got frustrated, decided to try it again when I got home because there I would have scrap yarn, a crochet hook, and the Knitter's Book of Finishing Techniques. I thought I might try the tubular cast on, because, hey, it's stretchy. But it was FIDDLY.
Ultimately I said "to hell with it" and did a long-tail cast-on onto a larger needle (size 2, for knitting with size 1s).
Other things I could have been working on: casting on for the cabled jacket (but my mom has the needle I need for the main body, so really all I could have done would be ribbing and that would be lame), Orangina (I can't take it to work/play because it's a POUND CONE OF YARN without swapping to a different purse), Hush-Hush (which is still being punished), tinking back the Flower Basket Shawl (but I didn't want to!), the Greek Pullover (fiddly increases, ugh)... but instead, the sock.
At least in its short life it got to encounter greatness like Lou Seal and a balloon monkey.
Plus I'm going to a Giants game on Sunday. It just may see Lou Seal or some balloon creature again.
Labels: Jeanne



2 Comments:
I lament poor sock. But perhaps his time had come?
Sock is reborn, like a phoenix from the ashes. But I got to rip out the bad losing energy that was put into it while knitting during the Giants/Braves game. I restarted the sock yesterday when the Giants won. So, perhaps, now the sock is lucky.
Post a Comment
<< Home