hrrm
So I brought my Flower Basket shawl to work today so I could work on that instead of the sock (I AM SORRY, SOCK). The pattern is front-to-back on a full sized sheet of paper, with the lace pattern written out in letters. That's all well and good, but a. I couldn't fit it into my purse and b. it was confusing me. Luckily it also came with a half-sheet that has the chart on it (oh, thank goodness), so that went in the purse and things are moving smoothly.
Sort of. I miscounted or did something wrong and wound up having to tink back several rows' worth of lace. Oh well. I'm now ahead of where I was when I messed up, and on my second lace repeat. I have... many more to go. And I'm now using stitch markers, which makes life a little easier for me.
But the reason I got to work on it today at work? Because the dang internet was down for five hours (from two to seven pm), and instead of getting to browse around the lovely internet when bored, I got to tink back my lace.
Also, I was curious what exactly owl's clover is. And it's this. Pretty!
I also cast on with the Habu silk for a top-down raglan cardigan, but I think my counting is slightly off. And I started Orangina over with the henna 3/2 cotton. But right now, all I really want to work on is the shawl.
I dunno -- sometimes I'm not feeling the shawl, sometimes I'm not feeling the other stuff. Am I burning out? Yesterday I came home and I didn't want to knit anything at all. I wasn't interested in lace in cotton or wool, or stockinette in wool (I'd have to do weird increases), or garter stitch in super-fine silk (I'd have to count reliably), or casting on and starting the ribbing for the cabled jacket (my mom's using the needles I use to get gauge with that yarn). Nothing sounded appealing. What a sad, sad thing that is.
Edited: Oh, crap. I made a mistake a few rows back, and I don't know how to fix it. Time to frog-- I can start over tomorrow. It'll give me something to do if they haven't fixed the internet yet.
Sort of. I miscounted or did something wrong and wound up having to tink back several rows' worth of lace. Oh well. I'm now ahead of where I was when I messed up, and on my second lace repeat. I have... many more to go. And I'm now using stitch markers, which makes life a little easier for me.
But the reason I got to work on it today at work? Because the dang internet was down for five hours (from two to seven pm), and instead of getting to browse around the lovely internet when bored, I got to tink back my lace.
Also, I was curious what exactly owl's clover is. And it's this. Pretty!
I also cast on with the Habu silk for a top-down raglan cardigan, but I think my counting is slightly off. And I started Orangina over with the henna 3/2 cotton. But right now, all I really want to work on is the shawl.
I dunno -- sometimes I'm not feeling the shawl, sometimes I'm not feeling the other stuff. Am I burning out? Yesterday I came home and I didn't want to knit anything at all. I wasn't interested in lace in cotton or wool, or stockinette in wool (I'd have to do weird increases), or garter stitch in super-fine silk (I'd have to count reliably), or casting on and starting the ribbing for the cabled jacket (my mom's using the needles I use to get gauge with that yarn). Nothing sounded appealing. What a sad, sad thing that is.
Edited: Oh, crap. I made a mistake a few rows back, and I don't know how to fix it. Time to frog-- I can start over tomorrow. It'll give me something to do if they haven't fixed the internet yet.
Labels: Jeanne



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home