working hard for the yarnage?
So while Jeanne manages to keep breaking her yarn diet despite her best attempts, I can't seem to get near enough yarn to break mine. Even though it doesn't really count as breaking the yarn diet when you have a gift certificate, according to the blog.
So already I haven't met all my goals from last week. Awesome.
Goals I did meet: 1. I did get up to the short rows on La Shapely, and in fact, am done with the short rows on La Shapely. Which means I will most likely have her done by the end of the week.
Goals I halfway met: 1. I did start on Brian's awesome bubble gum pink dinosaur, but seeing as I forgot to print out a pattern, I only managed to get the body done this weekend. I started on the back spikes today at work, but then I had to figure out a) what a yarn forward was (yes, it's basically what I thought it was) and b) why was the pattern designer calling for a lace-type increase when there are no holes on her picture of the spikes? Seeing as I ripped out the tail spikes twice because of this (once for each reason) I called it quits on the back spikes and just made the simple as pie tail spikes. So my dinosaur still needs a spikey spine and some legs, but at least he has tail spikes now! ha!
Goals I came nowhere close to meeting: 27.5. Yeah. Let's not talk about it, and just make goals for this week!
Goals that will not be accomplished since I am getting my copy of Harry Potter today and if I don't I will kill people because EVERYONE ELSE IS DONE, stupid company I pre-ordered from, and the fact I resorted to stealing other people's books to read them is just bad because now I am 150 pages in and I want my book, kplztnx:
-Stop ranting about Harry Potter in the knitblog (hee.)
-Finish knitting La Shapely
-Find/Buy Blocking pins
-Finish knitting Brian's bubblegum pink dino
-Pick a new project.
So already I haven't met all my goals from last week. Awesome.
Goals I did meet: 1. I did get up to the short rows on La Shapely, and in fact, am done with the short rows on La Shapely. Which means I will most likely have her done by the end of the week.
Goals I halfway met: 1. I did start on Brian's awesome bubble gum pink dinosaur, but seeing as I forgot to print out a pattern, I only managed to get the body done this weekend. I started on the back spikes today at work, but then I had to figure out a) what a yarn forward was (yes, it's basically what I thought it was) and b) why was the pattern designer calling for a lace-type increase when there are no holes on her picture of the spikes? Seeing as I ripped out the tail spikes twice because of this (once for each reason) I called it quits on the back spikes and just made the simple as pie tail spikes. So my dinosaur still needs a spikey spine and some legs, but at least he has tail spikes now! ha!
Goals I came nowhere close to meeting: 27.5. Yeah. Let's not talk about it, and just make goals for this week!
Goals that will not be accomplished since I am getting my copy of Harry Potter today and if I don't I will kill people because EVERYONE ELSE IS DONE, stupid company I pre-ordered from, and the fact I resorted to stealing other people's books to read them is just bad because now I am 150 pages in and I want my book, kplztnx:
-Stop ranting about Harry Potter in the knitblog (hee.)
-Finish knitting La Shapely
-Find/Buy Blocking pins
-Finish knitting Brian's bubblegum pink dino
-Pick a new project.
Labels: Kati



2 Comments:
It's cool to rant about knitting in the blog. Heck, knitting shows up in HP. It's totally fine.
YOU AREN'T EVEN AT THE BEST PART YET. YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU READ IT.
Yeah, but reading it would require me to get close to a book again, and it seems the universe is conspiring to make sure I never see one AGAIN.
sigh.
Post a Comment
<< Home