Death by yarn, news at 11.
Finally settled into my new apartment, if my settled you mean found the current issue of vogue knitting in all the boxes and started really thinking about what I want to knit next. I really like the tiny debbie bliss tennis sweater (possibly the only picture on the internet of that sweater,argh), but it also really reminds me of, oh, say, Katy? Obviously different yarns, different gauge, but hmmm. Something looks familar. Hmmmm. Je ne sais pas.
After some fitful starts (and a few rips) on the front of La Shapely, I'm happy to say that I'm chugging through the short rows at the bottom thanks to the Pride and Prejudice mini series. Fowr is all I have to say about that. Well, and a "Mr. Darcy!" Should have some more time this weekend, since my homies are off to Utah on a road trip, and everyone else is still out of town. I went out to the bars last night with Jennie, and realized I should have brought my knitting, because that's how dead both Max's and Indigo were. Jennie and I counted people at Indigo, and there were seven customers to three bartenders. It was exceedingly dead for a Thursday night, and knitting would have served me well (also given me a weapon to point at the creepy guys at Max's who wouldn't leave us alone.) Next time I will, thanks to Eugene's no-smoking-inside-anywhere-ever law. Although, come to think of it, bars probably wouldn't be the best place ever for working on my short-rowing skills, seeing as I have a tendancy to go "arrrrgh" while doing them a lot. Heh.
After some fitful starts (and a few rips) on the front of La Shapely, I'm happy to say that I'm chugging through the short rows at the bottom thanks to the Pride and Prejudice mini series. Fowr is all I have to say about that. Well, and a "Mr. Darcy!" Should have some more time this weekend, since my homies are off to Utah on a road trip, and everyone else is still out of town. I went out to the bars last night with Jennie, and realized I should have brought my knitting, because that's how dead both Max's and Indigo were. Jennie and I counted people at Indigo, and there were seven customers to three bartenders. It was exceedingly dead for a Thursday night, and knitting would have served me well (also given me a weapon to point at the creepy guys at Max's who wouldn't leave us alone.) Next time I will, thanks to Eugene's no-smoking-inside-anywhere-ever law. Although, come to think of it, bars probably wouldn't be the best place ever for working on my short-rowing skills, seeing as I have a tendancy to go "arrrrgh" while doing them a lot. Heh.
Labels: Kati



1 Comments:
You did see that Almost Felted is using (guess what?) Cotton-Ease for the Katy sweater, right?
Post a Comment
<< Home