Yeah, that's right. I enabled... YOUR MOM.
Actually, I enabled my mom.
We went out to Uncommon Threads today because I wanted to see what they had and wanted to pick up a 24" size 3 Addi Turbo for Orangina and possibly the Union Square Market sweater from the Fall Interweave Knits, which I bought at Borders on Saturday. (I also wanted to see the Koigu they had, but none of the colors appealed to me and I have yarn for four pairs of socks anyway.)
We look through the yarn, me sighing over the Rowan, when I realize that they have the Kid Classic for the Grecian Pullover from IK. Ooo. So we finally pick out a color (844, 'Frilly'), I buy the yarn and get the heck punched out of my discount card (I'm fifteen dollars away from $10 worth of free merchandise!).
Now, my mom is not an adventurous knitter, really. She likes knitting scarves. Just scarves. Lace scarves, ribbed scarves, but just scarves. So we're looking at this one scarf that comes in a pattern book, but they don't have the yarn (Lana Grossa Cashmere Plus) so she's not that interested until she discovers a basic wrap out of this other yarn. It's big, comfy, and warm -- a big 3x3 wrap that calls for five balls of yarn. There are only four of the colors she wants, so she asks the lady, "do you have any more of this in stock?"
And as the Yarn Harlot says in the bookbookbook, there's nothing like being told something is discontinued to make you buy it.
We went out to Uncommon Threads today because I wanted to see what they had and wanted to pick up a 24" size 3 Addi Turbo for Orangina and possibly the Union Square Market sweater from the Fall Interweave Knits, which I bought at Borders on Saturday. (I also wanted to see the Koigu they had, but none of the colors appealed to me and I have yarn for four pairs of socks anyway.)
We look through the yarn, me sighing over the Rowan, when I realize that they have the Kid Classic for the Grecian Pullover from IK. Ooo. So we finally pick out a color (844, 'Frilly'), I buy the yarn and get the heck punched out of my discount card (I'm fifteen dollars away from $10 worth of free merchandise!).
Now, my mom is not an adventurous knitter, really. She likes knitting scarves. Just scarves. Lace scarves, ribbed scarves, but just scarves. So we're looking at this one scarf that comes in a pattern book, but they don't have the yarn (Lana Grossa Cashmere Plus) so she's not that interested until she discovers a basic wrap out of this other yarn. It's big, comfy, and warm -- a big 3x3 wrap that calls for five balls of yarn. There are only four of the colors she wants, so she asks the lady, "do you have any more of this in stock?"
And as the Yarn Harlot says in the bookbookbook, there's nothing like being told something is discontinued to make you buy it.
Labels: Jeanne



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home