Monday, July 04, 2005

"and then, after I become a hobo on the street, I'll think about knitting that."

Happy fourth everyone! So instead of being awesome and watching fireworks, like most normal Americans, I'm here to tell you all I have finished the back of la shapely! Granted, I finished it last night, but seeing as I was otherwise occupied the rest of last night with the beer drinking, this is the first chance I've had to inform our readership of two about this exciting occasion. Sadly, no pics yet (I know that is like our theme song. Just cut the girl with no internet access at home some slack though.) but I'll work on getting some soon, so everyone can see the awesome coffee stain on it.

I have actually cast on and done half the border on the front, so that might actually get finished at some point in the next two weeks. And then I will cast on for super secret fun project, where fun=knitting shit you've knit before!

Thoughts on the new knitty: Nice concept, but the patterns? I guess I just didn't see any garments that were really groundbreaking or that there weren't already existing patterns that are very similar. Excepting the cover pattern, of course (but do any of you know some guy that would wear that??) Otherwise, I like the idea of the belt (although I liked Silvia's diy ribbon belt even more) and the male baby patterns were pretty cute, although I also doubt I'll be knitting them. But you know, I'm sure some of the patterns will grow on me, like usual.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

I like the felted messenger bag a lot; I'd definitely do that for myself (perhaps in that kicky stripe pattern from the baby blanket!).

I think a lot of the designs (maybe minus the intarsia ones and possibly Kumo -- did you also think "spider" instead of "clouds" when you saw Kumo?) were pretty classic-looking versus some of the things Knitty thinks women want to wear sometimes.

Tue Jul 05, 01:05:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Kati said...

Yeah, the messenger bag was cute, and the blanket was as well (I almost thought about knitting it for one of my cousin's babies, but then I was like, 16 different skiens?? No.)

I have no issues with the classics, I guess I just thought it would be more similar to the stuff they do for women (interesting design concepts), instead of sweaters that we've all seen before. (although yes, Kumo was an interesting idea, but no, I thought "clouds" first, RON.)

Tue Jul 05, 11:19:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home