Sunday, March 26, 2006

Essential Stripe.

Well, here it is.



Pattern: Knit and Tonic's Essential Stripe.
Yarn: Jaeger Matchmaker Aran
Needles: Denise 7s.
Mods: Added waist shaping. Should've added more shaping in the arms.

Um. Sweater. Woo. I'm kind of meh about how it turned out- the original is very cute, and the pattern is easy to follow and has a nice layout. But the arms are really huge (Seriously. I can fit both of my arms into one sleeve!) even if you follow the arm shaping set in the pattern. I don't think I'd mind as much if I hadn't wanted a well-fitting sweater. Going up to a 40inch bust would make the body match the sleeves more, but the sleeves probably could've ate Manhattan by that point. The vneck is a little odd too- it looks good with a collared shirt underneath, but anything else does not work. I suspect if I hadn't made this for the Olympics I would've stopped and done something differently with the sleeves, but oh well.
These issues do limit where I can wear this sweater. I may go in and see if I can sew the arms smaller in awhile, but for now, I'm just happy I am done and the ends are woven in.

I'll be back in about a week- I have a spring break to be taking!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home