Monday, March 20, 2006

Hooray!

So I went up to Portland this weekend, and wound up staying a block away from a yarn store, a fabric store, and a needlepoint/cross stitch store, as well as two blocks away from Powells. How conveeeenient.

I did get my additional ball of Frilly:

Frilly

It's not the same dyelot, but it's close enough that hopefully it will be hard to tell. It's an insurance ball, just in case I really don't have enough to make the collar and seam. Ideally it'll just be used for seams and maybe the collar.

I went to Knit/Purl, which is an awesome store. Just in sock yarns, they had Koigu, Lorna's Laces, Socks that Rock, and Nature's Palette. I was really really tempted, but I'd already ordered some Lorna's Laces in Tahoe, plus I should really wait until Black Sheep Gathering in June before I start making any more purchases.

What was that about purchases? Oh.

I tripped and my credit card flew out and I couldn't do anything about it.

The Rowan 34 and Kid Silk Haze I got at Knit/Purl (along with the Frilly), while the IKs I got at Knit-Knot Studio. I knew that Knit-Knot had the Clover circular I needed for Birch, so I stopped by on my way to Greyhound. I noticed when I got there that they had the elusive Spring '05 IK, which you can't buy off of the IK website anymore, so I bought it and the Winter '05 IK, both of which have cute sock patterns that call for Koigu/Lorna's Laces, so I am all for that.

Plus, this arrived in the mail on Friday:

Your flash is showing.

The Cassis Jaggerspun from TheKnitter.com for the Cherry Blossom shawl. I was worried that it wouldn't show up before I left for spring break, but it did and I'm relieved.

Oh, and even though I can't show the blog the socks I'm working on, I managed to do my first heel-flap and gusset correctly over the weekend. There are still little holes where the leg meets the flap, but that's something I can work on for the next sock.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Convenient indeed! The more I hear about Portland, the more I like the sound of it!

Mon Mar 20, 04:37:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home