It's been a while!
And I have not accomplished much. Well, maybe it depends on your definition of "much". Certainly there hasn't been much knitting.

That is not Peacock. That is Orangina. Thus the wrong lace. Peacock is going very slowly, as I haven't been around to sit down and work on it. Now that I don't have a set deadline for it, I haven't really been working on it, which is a shame. I think I'm somewhere in the middle of Row 193.
Orangina, however, is small enough to fit in my messenger bag/purse or in my hoodie pocket or in my backpack, so it comes with me when I go out. Sad, but true. I've also had to rip it out twice, including yesterday afternoon. I ripped out and re-cast on during the beginning of the Oscars, and so all of that is Oscar progress.
Magnolia is just about to start the waist increases on the front, which is where I was when the Olympics began a month ago. I feel bad, but plain stockinette isn't interesting me right now.
I tried to start two socks on two circulars, but I failed. I guess what I should do is start the toe (because I like toe-ups) on double-points, then transfer over to the circulars, because starting the toe on circulars isn't fun.
I also ordered a back issue of Interweave Knits that features the Cherry Blossom Shawl. I like cherry blossoms, and I'm liking lace and the Jaggerspun Zephyr, so I'm ordering some of the Zephyr in Ladyslipper, as the magazine arrived today. (In my defense, I came home after Mardi Gras with Kati, saw someone mention the shawl somewhere, and luckily Interweave.com takes Paypal. Hooray for impulsive drunk purchases of knitting magazines!)
Elann is trying to kill me by selling Rowan Linen Print starting tomorrow, because I still wish I could do the Kaffe Fassett Strawberry Stripe sweater from Rowan 37. However, even if I buy the Linen Print off of Elann, I'd still have to pay around 90 dollars to get the Cotton Tape. Ridiculous! Ridiculous amount of money for what is basically a simple striped turtleneck tunic. There are certain things I'm willing to pay good money for, but not nineteen (!!!) balls of under-100-yards yarn for one sweater.
I'm going out on errands shortly, including to Ben Franklin. I'm going to see if they have any cotton prints that I like for the skirt/dress patterns I bought at JoAnn's, and maybe, just maybe, I'll see if they have some sock yarn I like.

That is not Peacock. That is Orangina. Thus the wrong lace. Peacock is going very slowly, as I haven't been around to sit down and work on it. Now that I don't have a set deadline for it, I haven't really been working on it, which is a shame. I think I'm somewhere in the middle of Row 193.
Orangina, however, is small enough to fit in my messenger bag/purse or in my hoodie pocket or in my backpack, so it comes with me when I go out. Sad, but true. I've also had to rip it out twice, including yesterday afternoon. I ripped out and re-cast on during the beginning of the Oscars, and so all of that is Oscar progress.
Magnolia is just about to start the waist increases on the front, which is where I was when the Olympics began a month ago. I feel bad, but plain stockinette isn't interesting me right now.
I tried to start two socks on two circulars, but I failed. I guess what I should do is start the toe (because I like toe-ups) on double-points, then transfer over to the circulars, because starting the toe on circulars isn't fun.
I also ordered a back issue of Interweave Knits that features the Cherry Blossom Shawl. I like cherry blossoms, and I'm liking lace and the Jaggerspun Zephyr, so I'm ordering some of the Zephyr in Ladyslipper, as the magazine arrived today. (In my defense, I came home after Mardi Gras with Kati, saw someone mention the shawl somewhere, and luckily Interweave.com takes Paypal. Hooray for impulsive drunk purchases of knitting magazines!)
Elann is trying to kill me by selling Rowan Linen Print starting tomorrow, because I still wish I could do the Kaffe Fassett Strawberry Stripe sweater from Rowan 37. However, even if I buy the Linen Print off of Elann, I'd still have to pay around 90 dollars to get the Cotton Tape. Ridiculous! Ridiculous amount of money for what is basically a simple striped turtleneck tunic. There are certain things I'm willing to pay good money for, but not nineteen (!!!) balls of under-100-yards yarn for one sweater.
I'm going out on errands shortly, including to Ben Franklin. I'm going to see if they have any cotton prints that I like for the skirt/dress patterns I bought at JoAnn's, and maybe, just maybe, I'll see if they have some sock yarn I like.
Labels: Jeanne



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home