Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Stumbling on the ice.

Last night we got together and watched figure skating, and I got to the beginning of Chart 7:

Chart 7!

I've finished 176 rows, which means that I'm almost at the 50% done point. Yeah. I only managed to knit six rows yesterday, and I had to do a lot of tinking back on row 175, the first row of Chart 7, because I kept doing k2tog when it should have been skp, or skp when it should have been k2tog. While I didn't fall like the Italian skater who went before Sasha Cohen, I did touch my hand to the ice or do a two-foot landing, or, like Miki Ando, I ran into the wall a little.

I'm more and more sure that I'm not going to be able to finish in time for the closing ceremonies on Sunday, just because it is going a lot slower now, but I've made an impressive start on something that I didn't think I was good enough to do. So that's exciting.

I rewarded myself on Monday by buying some Rowan Calmer (which I haven't knit with in a long time) on sale. I have to get some 4-ply Cotton at some point to go with it, but I haven't decided what would go with Peacock...

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I think for you, this project is a huge accomplishment. Shawls are not easy and powering through them is an accomplishment.

I vote just pick an arbitrary date (like Ides of March) and make yourself be done by that point so you don't, like, break your wrists :)

Thu Feb 23, 09:19:00 AM PST  
Blogger Acornbud said...

What great progress you are making. That color is gorgeous!

Sat Feb 25, 07:19:00 AM PST  
Blogger mathomhouse said...

It's awfully pretty, though....

Sat Feb 25, 10:22:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home