Sunday, March 12, 2006

I'm falling back into my old habits of starting ten million projects at once. Right now I have four projects on the needles, with two nearly done.

Peacock Feathers I haven't touched since Monday, when I picked it up and noticed that some stitches had been dropped (ugh!) so I had to fix that, then I realized that I missed a yarn over in the 24-stitch repeat every. single. time on the second half of the shawl, so I had to fudge that in order to make it work. Ugh.

I did, however, pick up some sock yarn on Monday and I've been working on that but I'm not showing it on the blog because I will feel guilty. Needless to say, it's not a mindless stockinette sock and I'm actually enjoying it, so I have decided to retry socks as long as I have fun patterned ones.

Magnolia is going along nicely. I'm past the armhole shaping on the front, and then it's mindless stockinette until the neck shaping. I'm still hoping to squeak out with my five skeins, and I think I should be able to make it. I hope. The sleeves take just under a skein each, so I should have enough left over from the sleeves to do seaming.

And then there's this:

Not Orangina!

No, it's not Orangina. This is Rosa from Rowan 35, a top I've wanted to make ever since I first saw the previews for it. I originally was going to use a deep claret Elann yarn for Rosa, but I decided to use the 4-ply since I have never had any luck with Orangina. On Monday I was knitting happily along, everything was going great, and then... there was a knot in my yarn. So I had to go back, undo the knot, and then my pattern got off, so I ripped it out. On Wednesday the pattern got off again, and I ripped it out. That's five times, I think. Not a good sign.

I went to the bead store on Friday and bought all they had in the emerald color. It's actually more of a matte iridescent than it shows in the picture, and I just hope I don't run out, which is why I'm starting with the sleeves first. The only real problem I have with the pattern is that the second zig-zag has all of the beading done on the purl side rows, so you have to bead a little blindly because you're working with the wrong side facing you, but all of the beads are on the right side.

With that said, I'm going to be working on Peacock Feathers today because the teeny cotton is hurting my hands and I want to try to finish Peacock Feathers before spring break, which is a week from Thursday.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home