I believe in a thing called retail therapy.
So it looks like we're doing some sort of every-other-day trade off thing. It works, it's cool, it's all good.
Today I realized we'd be passing by a JoAnn's Fabrics on the way home from work, so I asked Dad if he wouldn't mind swinging by there so I could check out the scene and see if they had more than three colors of Cotton-Ease.
And they did. I came away with enough Vanilla for a Sitcom Chic (for office wear -- it gets fricking chilly in AC all day), Candy Blue for an adapted Cabaret Raglan (I could only get three balls, and one is a different dyelot, so I figure if I make short sleeves, I should be able to pull it off...), and three balls of Pistachio to knit Trellis for the boy's new baby niece (for Christmas -- I'll add pink buttons to femme it up), as she was born yesterday morning. She has dark hair, which means that she'll look really cute in the Rowan wrap sweater. (I'd figured she'd either have dark hair or fair hair, and either way would look cute in purple/blue.) I'll probably use the red C-E for a wrap thingie.
Speaking of the Rowan wrap sweater, last night I finished the neckband, and all I have to do is seam and set in the sleeves, then weave in all of the ends, add the ties, and give it a wash.
And I really am taking pictures of everything, I just can't find that stupid camera cord.
Today I realized we'd be passing by a JoAnn's Fabrics on the way home from work, so I asked Dad if he wouldn't mind swinging by there so I could check out the scene and see if they had more than three colors of Cotton-Ease.
And they did. I came away with enough Vanilla for a Sitcom Chic (for office wear -- it gets fricking chilly in AC all day), Candy Blue for an adapted Cabaret Raglan (I could only get three balls, and one is a different dyelot, so I figure if I make short sleeves, I should be able to pull it off...), and three balls of Pistachio to knit Trellis for the boy's new baby niece (for Christmas -- I'll add pink buttons to femme it up), as she was born yesterday morning. She has dark hair, which means that she'll look really cute in the Rowan wrap sweater. (I'd figured she'd either have dark hair or fair hair, and either way would look cute in purple/blue.) I'll probably use the red C-E for a wrap thingie.
Speaking of the Rowan wrap sweater, last night I finished the neckband, and all I have to do is seam and set in the sleeves, then weave in all of the ends, add the ties, and give it a wash.
And I really am taking pictures of everything, I just can't find that stupid camera cord.
Labels: Jeanne



2 Comments:
I'm fine with the trade-off, although weekends might be difficult with the posting. (yay no internet at home!)
And until you check the fridge for your camera cord, you'll never find it.
And all this cotton-ease? I think I need to jump on the bandwagon soon, before it's gone. *l*
Oh, no, I was just being cheeky and all "hey, isn't that convenient".
It's pretty nice stuff; I haven't knit with any of it yet, but it's soft and squishy and machine washable. (So it will be good for the baby.)
Check Ben Franklin, Michael's, and JoAnn's.
But man, in the two weeks I've been home, I've bought about six projects' worth of stuff (4 colors of Cotton-Ease, the Elann cotton, and the Kid Classic). I don't know what I'm thinking anymore, dude.
Maybe it's the whole "hey, I have PAYCHECKS COMING" thing.
Post a Comment
<< Home