Breaking, Breaking, Broken!
Yeah, I broke the yarn diet like whoa, and it felt AWESOME.
First, I went to Soft Horizons on Wednesday (my LYS), and was poking around for a good brown-complimenting color over in the NatureSpun section when I spotted a BoogaJ sample bag, all browns and pinks and purples and lovely. So after a little chatting with the salesladies, I was over poking at the Kureyon and then buying it. Of course, I was a genius and forgot my gift certificate, but hey, that just means more yarn later, right? The bag is coming along nicely, and I've just about finished the first ball of yarn. Depending on how much knitting I can get done in the car down to Medford tonight, it may be ready for felting on Monday.
And then, yes, it's now official that Jeanne and I are doing a knitalong for the cabled jacket that stole my heart three months ago and I should have bought the yarn when they still had that awesome cream/ivory colour. I ordered 9 skeins of Mulberry, and hopefully there is some negative ease built in to the 37" size, or I have to lose an inch of my bust (which is probably going to happen anyway, the way this summer is going.) or rework the pattern slightly. Not that that's anything new, VOGUE KNITTING and your 32" is a large bust on the cutest pattern in the current issue bitches. And yes, I am still slightly bitter. How can you tell?
There also might have been a few skeins of Den-M-Nit in Ercu that slipped into the cart for a slightly downsized Tasha. Apparently I will be knitting nothing but bags for the next week, but that's okay, since Brian's dinosaurs are ready to be seamed and stuffed, and La Shapely just needs straps and then she is ready for blocking and seaming. At some point I'll stop listening to the harlot call of the Kureyon and its ever changing striping and thick-thin yarny goodness and finish those straps, hopefully before the end of next week, so I can meet my schedule. Word.
First, I went to Soft Horizons on Wednesday (my LYS), and was poking around for a good brown-complimenting color over in the NatureSpun section when I spotted a BoogaJ sample bag, all browns and pinks and purples and lovely. So after a little chatting with the salesladies, I was over poking at the Kureyon and then buying it. Of course, I was a genius and forgot my gift certificate, but hey, that just means more yarn later, right? The bag is coming along nicely, and I've just about finished the first ball of yarn. Depending on how much knitting I can get done in the car down to Medford tonight, it may be ready for felting on Monday.
And then, yes, it's now official that Jeanne and I are doing a knitalong for the cabled jacket that stole my heart three months ago and I should have bought the yarn when they still had that awesome cream/ivory colour. I ordered 9 skeins of Mulberry, and hopefully there is some negative ease built in to the 37" size, or I have to lose an inch of my bust (which is probably going to happen anyway, the way this summer is going.) or rework the pattern slightly. Not that that's anything new, VOGUE KNITTING and your 32" is a large bust on the cutest pattern in the current issue bitches. And yes, I am still slightly bitter. How can you tell?
There also might have been a few skeins of Den-M-Nit in Ercu that slipped into the cart for a slightly downsized Tasha. Apparently I will be knitting nothing but bags for the next week, but that's okay, since Brian's dinosaurs are ready to be seamed and stuffed, and La Shapely just needs straps and then she is ready for blocking and seaming. At some point I'll stop listening to the harlot call of the Kureyon and its ever changing striping and thick-thin yarny goodness and finish those straps, hopefully before the end of next week, so I can meet my schedule. Word.
Labels: Kati



3 Comments:
You go, girl.
It turns out that the Yarn Harlot's reading in Berkeley starts at 5 pm, and since I'm working overtime, there's no way I can get there in time. I am full of frothy rage. So you will say hi to her for me, right?
Of course. Can't you ask for some time off though? Although overtime is awesome.
And hopefully I can go... it's still a little up in the air at the moment. We'll see.
Mm, not so likely. The project has to end at the end of August, and we all have to put in extra hours, starting, like, now. I mean, I was asked to work tomorrow (Saturday) and I was like OH NO SORRY YARN CONVENTION I MEAN. I'M GOING OUT OF TOWN.
Plus it'd take a long time just in transit to get to Berkeley.
Post a Comment
<< Home