Friday, July 29, 2005

Somehow I can't hide.

So I've been planning on cutting back the yarn intake since the explosion of yarn I got last weekend. No going to yarn stores (shoot, I don't have time, not when I'm at work until 7 on weekdays and until 6 pm tomorrow), no looking at websites beyond the blogs I already look at, nothing.

I figured I was safe.

Until the Elann newsletter came in the mail. Oh, no.

Now, we all remember my Sakuracon project. And the debate about "what color/fiber should I get". And I was planning on getting the 3/2 pearl cotton from Halcyon (in color 155), but. DK weight machine wash merino. In an appropriate blue. It'd cost twice as much, probably, and I'd have a jillion ends to weave in, but MERINO. Instead of COTTON. I am SO TIRED of the tiny gauged cotton!

Curse you, Elann. Curse you...!

But really, by the time that merino goes on sale, ideally the shawl will be at that stage where it'll just be too big to take to work. And it'll just be endless 2x2 ribbing, which will be good work knitting.

Oh, who am I kidding. August 9th.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home