some things that make me cranky
1. Yesterday the Yarn Harlot was in Berkeley. Her reading started at five pm. Where was I at five pm? Oh, that's right, I was at work until seven last night. Tonight she's in Portland. Where will I be? Oh, that's right, at work. Until seven.
2. I made a mistake somewhere on the Flower Basket shawl (again) and it requires tinking back too many stitches so I got frustrated and put it (and the pattern pages) in a bag with the ripped-out-again Habu (didn't want to bother counting again). I'll figure out something with that Habu yet, just... not yet. So I picked up Orangina again and have been working on that.
3. Okay, this isn't really cranky-inducing, but. I ordered the Summer '04 Interweave Knits in mid-July (I made my Paypal payment on the 10th) and it hadn't come, so yesterday I e-mailed Interweave's customer service and asked if I'd forgotten to include the invoice number or something. Turns out they'd misplaced my payment info or something, and so they're sending it out today... along with a free copy of the Fall '05 IK. Which I already have. So now I'll have two. Unless someone wants/needs one.
4. The merino isn't showing up on the Elann preview, which I guess is a good thing because I (and everyone else who gets a newsletter) know about it, while the internet masses may not necessarily know. This is both a good and a bad thing, because I can't point and say "look, that blue is perfect!" to someone who is doubtful about the merino, yet no one else can point and say "look, that blue is perfect!" I am also concerned that the merino purchase may very well tip me over into the "guess what, you get fifty dollars worth of Elann stuff for free now!" category. That category only comes up in special circumstances which we do not want to mention.
But I get to go to a concert on Friday after work, and that makes me happy, so hooray for getting to go somewhere and DO something.
2. I made a mistake somewhere on the Flower Basket shawl (again) and it requires tinking back too many stitches so I got frustrated and put it (and the pattern pages) in a bag with the ripped-out-again Habu (didn't want to bother counting again). I'll figure out something with that Habu yet, just... not yet. So I picked up Orangina again and have been working on that.
3. Okay, this isn't really cranky-inducing, but. I ordered the Summer '04 Interweave Knits in mid-July (I made my Paypal payment on the 10th) and it hadn't come, so yesterday I e-mailed Interweave's customer service and asked if I'd forgotten to include the invoice number or something. Turns out they'd misplaced my payment info or something, and so they're sending it out today... along with a free copy of the Fall '05 IK. Which I already have. So now I'll have two. Unless someone wants/needs one.
4. The merino isn't showing up on the Elann preview, which I guess is a good thing because I (and everyone else who gets a newsletter) know about it, while the internet masses may not necessarily know. This is both a good and a bad thing, because I can't point and say "look, that blue is perfect!" to someone who is doubtful about the merino, yet no one else can point and say "look, that blue is perfect!" I am also concerned that the merino purchase may very well tip me over into the "guess what, you get fifty dollars worth of Elann stuff for free now!" category. That category only comes up in special circumstances which we do not want to mention.
But I get to go to a concert on Friday after work, and that makes me happy, so hooray for getting to go somewhere and DO something.
Labels: Jeanne



1 Comments:
:D I'll totally take your freebie if nobody else wants it.
Sorry about the frogging, but this is the way of shawls. Frogging and patience.
Also, you may as well just splurge on the merino... unless money off is bad?
Post a Comment
<< Home