owmyhandhurts.
This is the first time in awhile that my hand has hurt. And it's annoying that it chose now, when I am 36 rows away from finishing the left front of this cabled jacket thingy. The knitting is going surprisingly fast (well, no duh when you're using 10s,) despite having to rip back 10 rows last night after forgetting I had to start the raglan decreases. In my defense, I was watching the Royal Tenenbaums, and I always get distracted during that.
Other than the minor ripping and handhurting setbacks, progress is good. The yarn is still really nice to work with, and I'm contemplating getting some more and making a vneck. I'll probably swatch in stockenette (the one thing I haven't done on this project) after I finish this piece and make sure it isn't too chunky for what I have in mind. Not that I should be buying more yarn off the internet, when the stash is eating two boxes and I still have a gift certificate to Soft Horizons.
In seaming news, I have two sets of three seamed legs, and no desire to seam the last two. But I will bring them to snb next week where Paulo will make me seam them, because she has to seam her baby dress of doom, and therefore I must suffer too. Or maybe I should crack open a bad beer and then start seaming. That did make the Gryff sweater bearable in the late night seaming and finishing party we had. Ha. We'll see.
Other than the minor ripping and handhurting setbacks, progress is good. The yarn is still really nice to work with, and I'm contemplating getting some more and making a vneck. I'll probably swatch in stockenette (the one thing I haven't done on this project) after I finish this piece and make sure it isn't too chunky for what I have in mind. Not that I should be buying more yarn off the internet, when the stash is eating two boxes and I still have a gift certificate to Soft Horizons.
In seaming news, I have two sets of three seamed legs, and no desire to seam the last two. But I will bring them to snb next week where Paulo will make me seam them, because she has to seam her baby dress of doom, and therefore I must suffer too. Or maybe I should crack open a bad beer and then start seaming. That did make the Gryff sweater bearable in the late night seaming and finishing party we had. Ha. We'll see.
Labels: Kati



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home